Besiege like block welding

Hello !

I am trying to make a vehicle sandbox game pretty much like Besiege/Robocraft… (you’ve got the idea). Everything that concerns the building part works fine, however, when I try to “weld” the different parts of my vehicle in play mode the results are always mediocre. I’ve tried pretty much everything I could. I used attach to actor/component nodes but the physic state of my parts just disable and the vehicle shatters in multiple debris.

So I decided to go with physics constraint with all axis locked so parts stay in place. It looks great at first but parts start to wiggle because of collision with adjacent blocks. Even with “projection” enabled. The wiggle is not visible but whenever parts collide with the ground the whole vehicle starts to spin/wiggle… randomly instead of falling like a simple rigidbody.

Does anyone got any workaround for this issue ? I prefer blueprint but looks like I will have to dive into c++ for this one so all helpful answers accepted ! :slight_smile:

I’m working on a similar game right now and welding works great, although now that I’m thinking of adding blocks such as a wheel the welding doesn’t work like I need it to.