Basic question on images and audio

Hi, this is just a basic question.
I was just wondering how big of a scale should we import images? I thought maybe at a 2x scale, but I’m not sure. I know that going too oversized can be bad when downsizing, but I want to avoid being able to see pixels when the screen is very large. I was also wondering whether UE4 itself scales images well or not.

Secondly, at what audio level should we design our audio? I was thinking at a level where it is clear at 50% sound, but not sure as 100% is meant to be quite loud.

Thanks in advance,
DETERMINATOR20

Hi - images of what? Do you mean textures?

As for the audio, it should always be stored in the waveform with a good sound to noise ratio ( ie pretty load ), you can then adjust in the engine.

Firstly, thanks for he audio tip.
For the images, yes, basically just images or 2d textures you would use for widgets (such as a health bar).
Thanks

I should think 1k ( square ) is ok for widgets, but really depends on how you’ll use them. Best to just give it a go :slight_smile:

Sorry, this may sound like a silly question, but what exactly do you mean by 1k? Was it just a typo and meant x, so just import it at the desired size?

Thanks and sorry

Nope, not a typo :slight_smile: 1024 x 1024 pixels = 1k. Typically, textures would be 2k or 4k, but for simple images you may be able to get away with 1k. Best thing is just to try it and see.

( So 4k = 4096 x 4096 )

Ok, think I got it now.
I’ve never heard of ‘k’ so sorry for assuming it was a typo.
Thanks for all of your help