Baking light whithin Lumen ? ? ?

Hi

So I have a big area that I’m using Lumen for GI & Reflections.

I want know if it is doable to have SOME smaller rooms use baked lighting; GPULM, by designating a Post Process Volume to that room, set it up for Baked Lighting by overriding the GI and reflections & having a Lightmass Importance Volume within that room?

Is that even optimal?

Afaik, no. It doesn’t even recognize lights with static mobility.

Precomputed lighting from Static lighting is removed when Lumen is enabled. You can disable precomputed lighting entirely for your project from the Project Setting under the Engine > Rendering section by disabling Allow Static Lighting .

• Lights with their Mobility set to Static are not supported because Static Lights are stored completely in lightmaps and their contribution is disabled when Lumen is enabled.

Lumen Global Illumination and Reflections in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.0 Documentation

We just went through this on current project. Given the performance of Lumen currently, and our target hardware, we turned it off and back to baked lights. Will certainly reconsider next project. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you sir

Would been awesome if I could override the project settings’ GI & reflections via the post process and enable the Lightmaps to do this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.