Baking animation in Control rig freezes the editor, any clues?

Hello

Every time I try to use Control Rig to trim an animation, the editor just freezes. No error message, no crash to desktop not even a line in the logs as far as I could tell.

Here’s a video of what I’m doing:

I’m totally lost and I don’t know what else to do. I was following this tutorial:

I’ve tried restarting the PC, running as Admin, re-installing UE, installed UE 5.2 preview just in case… and nothing, same outcome. As soon as I click on “Bake Animation Sequence” the editor just freezes in place.

Anyone has had a similar experience or know where could I start troubleshooting it?

1 Like

Apparently it’s something that was introduced in 5.1 because I’ve tried just to see what happened with 5.0.3 and it worked without issues.

Ok, so I had access to another computer and doing the same doesn’t crash there so it’s something specific to my machine. The thing is I’ve already tried fully re-installing the engine. Anyone can give some tips about what I could’ve left behind?

Alright, after extensive testing I’ve been able to pinpoint it to a NVIDIA driver problem, more precisely, the 531 branch. I’ve rolled back to 528.49 (Feb, 8th) everything works fine.

Thank you! I rolled back to 531.29 game ready drivers and that worked for me.

This is not working for me, rolled back the studio drivers version and still freeze trying to bake any animation.

1 Like

Same here, any solution?

UNREAL ENGINE FREEZES WHEN I GO TO EXPORT/BAKE ANIMATION - #26 by MadScientistUA Here is a solution that worked for me!

Switching to another project with no DX12 on is not a solution. Saying that is as valid as opening maya and animating there.

This is a Sequencer feature that used to work and now is not.

This is frustrating like hell.

How do I roll back my drivers?