Bake or dynamic light

Hello,

I would like to create an architectural interior scene where I can replace some objects and materials on runtime like: sofa, kitchen appliances, wall materials, etc. I will not use RTX.
What kind of light should I use for this, baked lighting or dynamic lighting.
If I bake the light, the baked light will be available for all the objects visible in the scene and for the ones that will be replaced (curently not visible). Or how do I proceed with this?

How can I start working on this so I know how to think the project from start?

Thank you for your suggestions!

Hi,

You are so right, I don’t know how I didn’t think at this. “Make items you want to replace moveable”!
Do you think that reducing the Volumetric Lightmap Details Cell Size will increase the shadow details and quality of the movable objects?

Thank you!

Lightmap cell size is to do with static lighting. If you want to increase shadow quality for moveable objects, you need to tweak settings in the directional light.

Shadow filter sharpen and number of dynamic cascades, and possibly others.

If you’re happy with how it looks with moveable lights, then just go for that, because static lighting is a dark art and consumes a lot of time.

Having said that, you can go with ( mostly ) static, as long as you make the items you want to replace moveable, because then their shadows will be made in real time.

Amazing,

I’ll give it a try and see how it goes. It will take a while :).

Good luck with your projects!