Babylon project (provisional name)

will you implement arenas?

WOW man, this is simply amazing!!!

I was actually cheering for the hulk guy, but he let me down :frowning:

Keehoon, yes, many zones are double, front and back. I would need to add a few more, but I think with 28 the thing is balanced.

Neongho, I thought that some time ago, to publish the unfinished game. I did some functions that are seen in this video, so the bots can choose another bot near. It also works with factions.
I’ll probably include a coliseum on the map with these mechanics, so the player can earn some money to buy better weapons & armor.

Since I’m changing “takedamage” to add armor functions, I’ve made a small change in the way weapons impact the body.

With the old system:

• The weapon (or projectile) hits the cylinder.
  • Then a tracecomponent is done from the point of impact (on the cylinder), following the direction of the weapon, finds the bone.
  • If no bone is found, use findclosestbone.
  • It ALWAYS returns a bone.

The problem with this is that sometimes you see clearly that the weapon doesn’t hit anything, but there is impact. When the bot is on the ground and the weapon passes over it, or when an arrow passes over the shoulder and the result is an impact in the head.

The new system:

• The weapon (or projectile) hits the cylinder.
  • Then a tracecomponent is done from the point of impact (on the cylinder), following the direction of the weapon, finds the bone.
  • If no bone is found, there is no impact, and the weapon cotinues moving.

This is much more accurate, but the problem now is that it is more difficult to impact, and it can be frustrating as attacks can pass close but not hit any bone.

Tried to make a small village with some houses grouped together with a large central courtyard.

More images here: [Babylon Project: Village

](Babylon Project: Village)

Wow! The scenery is wonderful! ^^
If you use the assets of your game, I think you can make a good game similar to ‘Simcity’. Nowadays, AI is popular, so simulation game is more popular than RPG. How do you think about developing your project as a simulation game?

Thanks Keehoon, I think I need days of 40 hours to do that :smiley:

I think your comment is not a joke because there are many assets that you have made for a long time. ^^ ;;;;

Congratulations Cobalt :smiley:

Your map looks wonderful, and the way you placed that background makes the size of your world feel imense. That’s a good job man :smiley:

Yeah man, I too. I think that the biggest hardship we as solo developers face is time, because the marjority of solo dev hardly can dedicate full time to game development. I talk by myself, I have a family, wife and children, also I have a job of web designer from which I earn my living and spend over my family. Whenever I get some free time, I work on game development.

Now I can only work on game development whenever I stay overnight some days and on some weekends (mainly saturday), because my job of web design is always done remotely, I take care of almost 30 websites of companies here in my city, and this work involves constant updates on their websites (which I created), contant updates on their social network, creating new Ads, Promo Banners, edit some videos for their youtube channel, and so on.

Only whenever I finish my daily tasks of these clients, then I work on my game. If the day had 40 hours, yeah, I think I would have already finished my game :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good luck on your project.

Keehoon, yes, it’s a lot of work for one.

Udkultimate, we are in the same boat, I also have to work 8 hours a day at my job, and then in my free time, work 6 or 7 more in the game. But… we have to pay the bills.

I visited the blog and saw your other screenshots. It’s SO cool :slight_smile: (hahaha, that image with a drunk guy and a saleswoman is great! I think it’s the 11th image in the slide line).

Heh, you can see in motion here:

Oh yeah :slight_smile: I commented on this video some time ago. His expression changing when he gets drunk on 3:31 is priceless XD Love it!

Different races, skins, colors, etc., for character customization.

Different ethnic groups! I dig it! It’s so cool, mainly the red head and the black lady :slight_smile:

Here are some combat improvements:

• The directional movement has been changed, before the character always looked where the camera. Now look in the direction of movement
    when unarmed or with the sword without enemies attacking. With enemies and sword it looks at the movement direction, less when it goes backwards.
    And with the bow, always look where the camera is looking.

• The accuracy of the arrows has also been improved. Before the collision of the arrow was with the collision box of the characters.
    Now, after colliding with the box, check if it collides with the “bones”. If it doesn’t, go ahead to the next obstacle.
    This same precision also works with swords and other weapons. Now it’s a bit harder to hit, but visually it’s more realistic.

• Side attacks have been added with the sword. They are automatic if they detect an enemy on the sides.

• You can execute up to three consecutive sword attacks with a single click. Automatically locate nearby enemies and execute an attack for each of them. This can be something that the player and the NPCs can use if they have enough level in the game.

• Killing animations, are executed when the enemy has little health left. In practice with an average unarmoured enemy you must hit him a couple of times before you can execute this move. Armor blocks attacks (armor works by zones, a total of 28 zones).
    These movements have time in the game but the animations are new. It need to do a few more, for different weapons.

Finally there is a small combat. There are some things to fix, animations that are truncated, ragdolls that jump through the air, screams that do not look good, etc.

Wow~ Your game has improved the variety of battles. So cool~ ^^

Especially the position of the camera changes to the view of the arrow is very cool. >_<
I think you can also make a ranged attack system like the game ‘Sniper Elite’.

Thanks Keehoon. Something like this?

[quote=“CobaltUDK, post:292, topic:49026”]

Thanks Keehoon. Something like this?Arrow cam - YouTube

Wow~ So cool~ :):):slight_smile:

NPCs doing things:

moliendotrigo.jpg