AWS S3 SDK integration issue

Hello everyone,

I’ve been trying to integrate the AWS C++ SDK with Unreal Engine 5.2, following a detailed guide. However, I’ve encountered an issue that I can’t seem to resolve.

Setup:

Unreal Engine version: 5.2
AWS C++ SDK version: [Specify the version if known]
Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit)
Problem:
When I attempt to initialize the AWS SDK using the following code:

Aws::SDKOptions options;
Aws::InitAPI(options);
The project reaches 75% loading and then stops, eventually throwing an error indicating that the game module ‘ExampleProject’ could not be loaded. The exact error message is:

The game module ‘ExampleProject’ could not be loaded. There may be an operating system error, the module may not be properly set up, or a plugin which has been included into the build has not been turned on.
What I’ve tried:

Checked all paths to libraries and header files.
Ensured all necessary .dll and .lib files of AWS SDK are present in the Binaries\Win64 of the plugin.
Tried initializing AWS SDK at different points in the code.
Checked dependencies and made sure all libraries listed in AWSSDK.Build.cs are present and needed.
Added additional logging before and after AWS SDK initialization.
Tried integrating the plugin into a new, simple Unreal project.
All the include paths seem to work perfectly, and there’s no issue with the compilation. The problem arises only during runtime.

I’ve shared the structure of my plugin, the .uproject file, and the relevant Build.cs files in previous posts.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue or have any suggestions on how to resolve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have used this instruction:

Thank you in advance!

Having the same issue with unreal 5.2

Question - did you try your same code with unreal 5.0 or 5.1?

Did you find the solution?
Try to search for ‘Failed to load’ and ‘Missing import’ in the loading logs. You may have dlls missing.

I’ve started working on an aws-sdk for Unreal Engine, you can grab it from here: outoftheboxplugins/aws-sdk-unreal (github.com)

I hope it fixes your problems, otherwise feel free to ping me and we can go over it together.

Hi @pasotee I am stuck on some modular functionality that you mentioned, can you just pull out a few minutes to check out where I might be missing out.

Cheers.

1 Like

Sure, let’s have a chat, you can add me on discord @pasotee and we can go from there.