Auto Receive Input doesn't work in packaged, multiplayer game

The following code works in the editor. This is on an actor that isn’t possessed by my player controller. This works because I’ve set Auto Receive Input to player controller 0, so this actor automatically listens to input from my player controller, despite the fact the actor isn’t possessed.

However when I package the game and host a server on Steam, this input simply receives no response. I’ve confirmed this by combing through logs.

How does playing the game in a multiplayer, packaged setting affect the Auto Receive Input setting?

Who is “player 0” in a multiplayer game ?

On the server, no one, but on the client I’d expect this to return the player controller of the client, in the same way Get Player Controller (0) works when running on the client

you can try to add a specific Controller as Input Giver to your Actor, by using the “Enable Input” Node.
This takes a PlayerController as Input. And this COntroller, should be the Client sided Controller.

Have you ensured that the InputAction MiniGameAction isn’t being consumed elsewhere? Try adding some unique input and see if that works.

Some base classes specifically disable auto receive input so called “Enable Input” explicitly is also a good idea to make sure.