Auto Exposure issue ?

Well, for ArchViz stuff, the Architecture template is probably the best start. However, keep in mind, that every template comes with it´s own settings, and that the Architecture contains different things than a Games Template. And as i have mentioned previously, one of those things the Architecture Template brings with it, is a SunSky Actor. And this one contains a Directional Light, that acts as a Sun. And unlike f.e. the standard games light source, this particular Directional Light have it´s intensity pumped up to 75 000 lux (the standard light in games template have just 3.14 lux).
So whatever you do, you have to keep this insane differene in light intensity in mind. Therefore you also need different exposure settings for those different lights.

The moment, you import (or already have by default) a SunSky actor in your scene, you will get one of those mini suns, which will overpower every other light with ease. And if your auto exposure reacts to this directional light, then all way weaker lights will look like, as if they have no or almost no effect on your scene.

Also, as far as i know, nowadays UE4 uses volumetric lightmaps, so you might want learn something about what they are and how they work (they were introduced in UE 4.18):

Here are the Docs for this, maybe you find something helpful in there:

Thank you for Your answer .
I am not sure which one of these template will bring me faster to the point of setuping the scene, and not chasing around with things which i actually wish to not even mess up with them.
Could You give me advice for workflow which will fit the needs for in-door archiviz. I dont mind any engine or template as long as it kill this pointless autoexposure and set the lights properly for a normal daytime scene indoors.

You’ve already been told repeatedly how to set a manual exposure: Either set metering mode to “manual” or set both min/max to be the same value.

The reason why your scene is blown out is because you’re just copying and pasting the numbers you see in the screenshots people are posting. The desired exposure is unique to each shot/scene. There are no universal settings for “daytime indoor scenes”. A shot looking down a windowless stairwell with fluorescent lighting is not going to have the same desired exposure as corner office with floor to ceiling windows being flooded with sunlight. You can’t just type in a fixed exposure of 1 and expect it to look good because that could be underexposed/overexposed for the amount of light in your view…

Far from being pointless, auto-exposure is practically a necessity for any content where the user has free control of the camera.

Auto exposure isn’t “pointless” it’s just an attempt (albeit sometimes poor) of the engine to mimic human eye behavior.

You need to chase around based on what your end goal is. There’s no substitute for it. Nor will you find a template that just does what you need since what you need could be just about anything.

Indoor archviz means absolutely nothing.

It’s like if you just asked us to tell you what color you would pick to paint your room…

Are you going to bake light or use ray trace?
And are you aware of what you would actually have to do to get a proper bake?

Does real sun angle matter in your projects (interiors still have external light coming in from windows that change based on facing/lat/lon/time of day/Julian calendar etc)?

Does the scene need to run at runtime, or do you just need to take screen-shots?

There’s probably another 20 questions that would narrow down a little on what you actually have to do to get to your end product, but let’s start with those and see…

Ok, besides all those questions mentioned above, i guess, the easiest start would be to just go into your SunSky actor, select that mentioned Directional Light, and reduce it´s intensity to … dunno… 10, istead the 75000.
This will not be a realistic sun anymore in terms of intensity, but otherwise it will work the same. The moment you have to deal with real world light intensities from real world light bulbs, it will give you false results, but as a first starting point, and to make some older tutorials out there useable again (which were written before the SunSky with it´s 75000 light existed), it should be ok.

I have no clue, if there is an up to date ArchViz tutorial out there, that actually uses all this new stuff. Most seem to be using older stuff, which nowadays can lead to weird results, cuz much have changed during the last few releases of UE (like that SunSky Actor and the new atmosphere system).

Not sure why the whole things all the time cycling in an endles spiral… False results?
Why should I go for bad lighting when i come to U4 for real look lighting?
I just looking for inital workflow to have great ilumination setup to start working with, and i need to have turned of this autoexposire thing. Thats all. Is this the hardest thing on this planet I am asking for?
I passed at least 50 tutorial about archviz and none went specific about these problems. Like they are not existing. Even the guys from Unreal engine in live stream somehow magical they are not havimg this weird supernovae light or eyes killing, which never hapens in real life ( except you are having some glaucoma or something ) autoexposure…

Do archviz artists not usually work with camera exposure…?

I doubt it. If you are into visualizing architecture you are also bound to be into photography…

I guess, that answers my question with a big fat NOPE :cool:

Other than that, you have been given multiple answers to your questions, but it seems, there is a fundamental problem: The difference between what you EXPECT to happen, and what actually happens or how things really work. You just need to connect the dots, see how things are linked together and influence each other, and start to understand, instead of read and memorize.

F.E. your assumption that “false results” automatically equals “bad results”. Just for fun, this here is a totally accurate and real photo of a Tesla Roadster… in space :slight_smile: :

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/thumbor/nU9Tlc7tFeDpmVMAzSzAgt7OE3U=/16x8:1067x599/720x405/media/img/mt/2018/02/26871349_212376212658777_1327127358112530432_n/original.jpg

Thats reality for you, not what most people expect. Every scifi artist would render it in a more beautiful way, if he had to do it in CGI. Physically accurate? Absolutely. Good looking? … errr… depends.

User 1: Hello, please could You give me advice how to extend one garden hose… ??
User 2: Why would You even wanna extend it ?
User 1: Because it’s too short…
User 3: Better buy a suffiencently longer one!
User 1: Well, I dont need it, since it’s just 5 meters shorter.
User 2: Yes, but a longer one is always better!
User 3: Ooooffffff!
User 4: What You are “ooooffff-ing” dud, tha guy is jast askng how to extend a gadern hose!
User 5: You bettar learn English first!
User 8: “BettAr”
User 5: Yeah! You are just the type of guys I hate the most! Peoples are asking for help, but you are gammarnazing just to say something and argue!
User 6: This forum is going worse each day now. I have done so many extensions of garden hoses while You havent even knew what “gargen hose” is !
User 1: Well, then just tell me how to do it please.
User 5: I wouldn’t if I were You!
User 2: You still havent told me why You wanna extend this hose, and what You are going to do with it !!!
User 1: I am going to water my garden…?
User 7: What kind of garden is this ?!
User 1: Well… Just a normal one…
User 9: I don’t wanna mess with you, but You should be aware that some plants requiring different amount of water than other ones!
User 4: Guys… he is just asking to extend one hose!
User 7: STFU User 4, You’r dumb !
User 4: Look at Yourself User 7, lame !
User 1: Could someone help me with my issue ?
User 12: Stop pushing peoples. Who the hell are You thinking You are?! You are just some noob in the extending hoses! Are You thinking that we are here just all day long to answer the noobs with their stupid questions ?!
User 1: … why are You answering then ?
User 13: So You are playing smart guy, huh ?!
User 1: No, I just wanna know how to extend one garden hose.
User 2: 10 Years ago I have extend one hose, and it lasted just another year, and since then I am buying only a whole hoses !!!
User 1: Ok… but how did You extend it anyway ?!
User 2: With extension!
User 1: And You just plug it, and that’s it?!?
User 10: You should ask Google first !
User 1: Well, I’ve searched, but it send me to this forum.
User 15: I’m using а garden watering can. There is nothing better that this thing!
User 17: Yeah! I remember the times before the garden hoses! What a great times it was. What a great garden watering cans there were produced. Nowdays they are breaking too fast!
User 1: So, should I understand that no one can tell me how to extend the hose ?!
User 15: Better use garden watering can, and You will do some sport this way as well.
User 1: Well, I have a hernia, so I cant lift heavy things.
User 18: Then You are at the wrong place in this forum!
User 5: Absolutely! I agree!
User 1: Why ?
User 17: Because this is a gardening forum, and since You can’t lift heavy things You should go to a medical forums, You dumb f*ck!!!
Administrator: The topic is locked! User 1 is banned because of spam!

Apology toward *** ***about not understanding what he mean at the beginning. With a bit careful look and play with the templates - the autoexposure problem is no more.
Thank You very much !