August #UE4JAM, August 13-16th, THEME: THROWN IN AT THE DEEP END

Here are the top submissions! Congrats to all the teams!

ESCAPE THE WELL! - SVNIsBrokenSuper Summer Ninja Pool Party Supreme - Team Splash BullySir Chancellor Cogsmith: Into the Deep - Boilerplate Studios

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4566086/AugustThemeImage.png

**THE RULES

• Make the most amazing game by yourself or with a team (up to 5) around the given theme in Unreal Engine 4.

• Submit a download link to this thread before **midnight on the night of August 16/ morning of August 17th **including the following:

• Team Name

• List of Team Members

• Name of submission (Please format it with your team’s name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)
    After you post your submission, PM me with the email addresses of your team members (up to 5), the name of your team and the name of your project. That makes it easier to get in contact with so make sure to send that info over!

• A small panel at Epic will judge entries on the following criteria:

• Unique use of theme

• Fun factor

• Overall Visuals

• Detailed Rules Available Here

All submissions will be featured in a highlight reel posted to our YouTube and shown on Twitch.

The top 3 submissions will receive an Epic swag bag with all sorts of goodies, a “Game Jam Finalist” forum badge, a featured playthrough on the August 20th Twitch stream, as well as a highlight on Unreal Engine blog!

Happy developing, and good luck!

Theme Announce Countdown](Time since Aug 13, 2015 2:00 pm started in Raleigh)
**Submission Deadline **Countdown](Time since Aug 17, 2015 started in Raleigh)

Streaming your work on Twitch? Let us know so we can follow along!
Are you on Twitter? Show off your work using the #ue4jam](https://twitter.com/hashtag/ue4jam?src=hash) hashtag!

What is the specific cutoff time EST? Some days, morning for me is 3:00pm after a night of drinking. :smiley:

@bokuden - if you’re a bit past the actual cutoff, we don’t mind too much :slight_smile:

Yall should totally include a link to my twitch channel in the first post. nudge nudge, wink wink, slap slap, prod prod

//self-promotion

How many entries do you guys usually receive?

Somewhere between 30-40 usually. It’s been more and more lately it feels like.

Cool, I am thinking about entering this one (I want a forum badge). I am confident that I could make good use of the theme, and make it fun, but am I allowed to use royalty free assets? I don’t have a team, and am certainly no artist.

You can use the stock/free assets, but remember that visuals count for 1/3 of the score, so you will want to have some original stuff in there.

I have finally decided to participate on the Game Jam good luck.

Woot! Calendar is looking open, I’ll be there!

I LOVE game jams and using UE4 in them.
and making things explode.
and adding a chicken into my jam games…
I’m in!

Does every team member get a badge if they win top 3?

Ohh very cool. time to wrangle up the clan

Team Skullkitty is participating! Good luck, everyone! May the best team win! :rolleyes:

Yes! As long as we have their info.

On that note - if you’re missing a badge, let me know what month and game you were so we can ratify it :slight_smile:

2nd’d - if that’s a word, if not I totally agree.
(pending license restrictions etc. etc.)

Is there any wiggle room in that team size? Wouldn’t be possible to have 6?

Maybe even 7 then?

Cool if anybody needs a 3d artist on there team I’m free hit me up!

You don’t mean only stock/**free **assets right? I mean you could use assets from the marketplace as well correct?