Augmented Reality for UE4

@calvin019

Do you mean rotating the camera in the ARToolkitBase so that it can face forward? If so would you mind explaining how you got this working? I’m trying to do this right now. Thank you!

It works only in the editor.

Will the paid versions work outside the editor?

Of course! You can package for Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android.

Hey ,

I’m trying to create something similar to the matinee fight scene video by having objects/characters that are free to move from the marker. So far i’ve tried using sequencer to control the skeletal mesh character, which correctly changes animations but the character doesn’t move from the middle of the target. I also tried using an actor sequence inside a blueprint but the character disappears while the actor sequence is playing.

How did you manage to get the matinee sequence to work using your plugin? Are there any resources you can point me to help?

I also noticed that particle effects sometimes don’t play, any idea what might cause this to happen?

Apologies if this has been answered already.

Hey ,

I’m trying to create the full version example project but it’s not working. I follow all the steps for Windows and when I the project from epic launcher I get the message:

The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version: UE4Editor-ARToolkitPlugin.dll Would you like to rebuild them now?

I hit yes and it says: UnrealAR could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from sorce manually.

I tried rebuilding manually but I got the same errors afterwards. This is what I get in the .log-file:

Log file open, 08/03/17 09:40:10
LogInit:Display: Running engine for game: UnrealAR
LogPlatformFile: Not using cached read wrapper
LogInit:Display: RandInit(579898940) SRandInit(579898940).
LogTaskGraph: Started task graph with 5 named threads and 8 total threads with 1 sets of task threads.
LogStats: Stats thread started at 0.085240
LogInit:Warning: Incompatible or missing module: UE4Editor-ARToolkitPlugin.dll
Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.16/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe UnrealAR Development Win64 -project=“C:/Users/Rechner/Documents/Unreal Projects/UnrealAR/UnrealAR.uproject” -editorrecompile -progress -NoHotReloadFromIDE
Creating makefile for UnrealAR (no existing makefile)
C:\Users\Rechner\Documents\Unreal Projects\UnrealAR\Plugins\ARToolkitPlugin\Source\ARToolkitPlugin\ARToolkitPlugin.Build.cs: warning: Module constructors should take a ReadOnlyTargetRules argument (rather than a TargetInfo argument) and pass it to the base class constructor from 4.15 onwards. Please update the method signature.
C:\Users\Rechner\Documents\Unreal Projects\UnrealAR\Plugins\ARToolkitPlugin\Source\ThirdParty\ARToolkit\ARToolkit.Build.cs: warning: Module constructors should take a ReadOnlyTargetRules argument (rather than a TargetInfo argument) and pass it to the base class constructor from 4.15 onwards. Please update the method signature.
ERROR: Unable to instantiate instance of ‘ARToolkit’ object type from compiled assembly ‘UnrealARModuleRules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’. Unreal Build Tool creates an instance of your module’s ‘Rules’ object in order to find out about your module’s requirements. The CLR exception details may provide more information: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht. —> UnrealBuildTool.BuildException: ERROR: Unexpected compiler version on Visual Studio 2013 / 2015 is supported!
bei ARToolkit…ctor(TargetInfo Target) in c:\Users\Rechner\Documents\Unreal Projects\UnrealAR\Plugins\ARToolkitPlugin\Source\ThirdParty\ARToolkit\ARToolkit.Build.cs:Zeile 91.
— Ende der internen Ausnahmestapel?berwachung —
bei System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
bei System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
bei System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object] parameters)
bei UnrealBuildTool.RulesAssembly.CreateModuleRules(String ModuleName, ReadOnlyTargetRules Target, FileReference& ModuleFileName)
LogInit:Warning: Still incompatible or missing module: UE4Editor-ARToolkitPlugin.dll

Maybe I should mention that the demo version is working without any problems. It would be great if you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Make sure to move the camera not the character with the marker!

Just setup your scene like you would normally do, and use the get camera position / rotation nodes to move the camera around the scene.

Hi,

From your log:
UnrealBuildTool.BuildException: ERROR: Unexpected compiler version on Visual Studio 2013 / 2015 is supported!

Maybe you are using a newer version.

I meant rotate with touch, default only spins the object.

example here:

was able to add the twin shooter but I cant figure out how to shoot the objects on the markers… any ideas how? AR Unreal Engine Twin Shooter - YouTube

Hi, . I’ll believe you missed my questions.

1. I get some crashes after splash screen occasionally (android) and sometimes it works. I saw something in this thread about permissions, but since it works sometimes, I don’t know if that’s really the issue. Could you run some checks to make it more stable and simply don’t work instead of crashing the whole app?
I did not experience this kind of crashes on my test devices. Can I ask your device type / android version ?

2. Like Jessekirbs, I’m also interested on the 2d barcode marker and am not able to reach that page. I want to unlock cosmetics based on real world products, so each issue would be a different code. Is that possible?
It’s a third party page, and went offline. I am looking for an alternative solution for this.

3. The 320x240 resolution. Is that recommended because of stability? Is there a way to use 320x240 for recognition but display the full resolution?
I don’t think it’s possible. 320x240 is recommended for older devices with less power and memory.

4. Can I bring it in a blueprint only project, or should I import the blueprint project into the C++ AR template from the sample?
It has to be a C++ project in case you want to package your project.

1. Test devices are Sony M4 Aqua (E2363) with Android 5.0 and Note 2014 (SM-P605M) with android 4.4.2. Both showed the same behavior on the sample unaltered motorcycle project.

2, Any ETA?

1. I know it’s kinda a comparison of apples to oranges, but Unity plugins like vuforia seem to manage a video feed full screen resolution with stability even on older devices. Is the low performance a constrain from Unreal itself or do you think you’ll work on improving the plugin for android?

Hello, first of all excellent plugin, thank you very much for the work. I want to try it but I can not find any barcode to print. Is it possible to create custom markers?

Hey ,

Got a question - Are there any plans to update Unreal4AR to version 6?

It is out in open beta. Link

Just curious :slight_smile:

update?

I picked up another expensive addon and now need toolkit updated to 4.17, is that scheduled?

Yes! As soon as the windows version and the source code is available.

Working on it. I am expecting to release the update this week.

3x3 Barcode markers can be downloaded from the link below:
http://www.unreal4ar.com/2d-barcode-markers/

3x3 Barcode markers can be downloaded from the link below:
http://www.unreal4ar.com/2d-barcode-markers/