Augmented Reality for UE4

Hi,

You were right, need to do some changes in the level blueprint.

1. Duplicate the Transform HIRO section in the level blueprint and change the marker name to kanji.
  2. Change the target to your target actor. (I’ve duplicated the CubeHIRO blueprint and renamed to CubeKANJI)
  3. Finally connect to the tick event.

Check out the pose filter settings in the DEMO.
http://www.unreal4ar.com/set-filter/

*Edit:

Ah, I feel so dumb, it’s the cube mesh acting as a “screen” for the video feed that is clipping with the rest of my scene when I move too far away.
I’ll figure out a solution from here.

Hello,

Thank you so much for the plugin, I’ve been tinkering with it the last few days, but I’ve now encountered a weird issue trying to set up a larger scale AR experience.

When i move too far away with the camera the farthest mesh will disappear gradually like they’re being occluded by a spherical bound. The scene is still correctly tracked, as other closer mesh still rotate properly.

I tried to override LOD settings, change bound scale etc…but nothing seems to fix it. Even weirder, I’ve been using the unreal default character to run around in my levels, and contrary to the other meshes he’s totally unaffected by the distance to the camera and never disappear.

I’m fairly new to Unreal so I must be missing something here, hope you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Good evening I would have a problem to test whether to buy the commercial version of the plugin i bought the personal version but i would have the problem that the sample project works on the mobile only if i do the operation from the editor () the project on any android device works in ETC2.
When instead of the editor create an apk file to install then on the android device, the file is generated correctly but when I start the application on the device the background remains white and nothing is seen. As in the attached picture. Thanks For Help…

Hi ,

You need to also generate the .obb file, and install the app using the generated .bat file.

Edit ->Project Settings -> Android -> UNCHECK Package game data inside APK

Im test with obb and the problem persist… Generate the apk file and obb , and installed with exe on pc…Thanks for you help…

I got errors all over the blueprint. Version 4.16.2

Hello Amir,

Seems like you did not compile the plugin .dll, or the plugin is not enabled.

Follow the instruction on the link below to compile the plugin:
http://www.unreal4ar.com/getting-started-full-version/

a. Windows

1. Install Visual Studio 2015 – community editions are also working
  2. unreal engine editor
  3. Create a new C++ code project without starter content
  4. Copy all files from SampleProject directory to your new project directory
  5. In UE4 editor File -> Refresh visual studio project (optional)
  6. Exit from unreal engine editor
  7. your new project from epic launcher
  8. Click on rebuild missing DLLs when prompted

Please send your device output logs to info@unreal4ar.com.

It is partially fixed, but a new error has now occurred.

Which version of Visual Studio are you using ? Visual Studio 2015 is supported, newer ones may not work as expected …

Hi !

Thank you very much!!! It is working now! I didn’t checked the code in the level blueprint at the first time! :confused:
I’ve got another question: Is it possible to enhance the quality of the tracking? I saw you did some filter for this and I already played around with them but i dont really get a better result with them. Do you have a tutorial for this or can you explain this a little bit further? That would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Hi !

How I can update this plugin from another version to the last in an existing project ?
Can the last version work with UE 4.14 and iOS 10.3?

Thanks

SOLVED… I downloaded VS Community 2015, started a fresh project, and compiled it… and it worked.

Hi,

Just replace the files in your PROJECT/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin with the most recent version, and recompile the project.

Great! I am glad to hear it’s working now!

Love the plugin. Definitely going to purchase the personal license. It seems the 2D Barcode Marker Generator isn’t working. The link times out for me. Any suggestions of a workaround? Thanks!

EDIT: Also, I’d like to get this plugin working with a camera facing forward instead of down. When I turn the camera, I lose the tracking and the object doesn’t appear. So, to clarify, I’d like to still be able to look around in a level with my VR headset, but have the AR tracking capabilities. Any suggestions on how to make this work?

I got the personal edition while investigating the feature for real app development. I got some questions:

1. I get some crashes after splash screen occasionally (android) and sometimes it works. I saw something in this thread about permissions, but since it works sometimes, I don’t know if that’s really the issue. Could you run some checks to make it more stable and simply don’t work instead of crashing the whole app?

2. Like Jessekirbs, I’m also interested on the 2d barcode marker and am not able to reach that page. I want to unlock cosmetics based on real world products, so each issue would be a different code. Is that possible?

3. The 320x240 resolution. Is that recommended because of stability? Is there a way to use 320x240 for recognition but display the full resolution?

4. Can I bring it in a blueprint only project, or should I import the blueprint project into the C++ AR template from the sample?

Hi ,

I’ve this problem

LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users.…\Android\UE4-ARToolkitPlugin-armv7-es2.a

I’ve sent you an email with the full log.

Thank you in advance

Hi ,

I have downloaded the free demo version and it works well in the editor, but will crash immediately if I test it as a packaged build. Is this a bug or just an in-built part of the free demo?