Augmented Reality for UE4

Hi,

Yes! That is my plan, however I did not receive the beta yet.
Do you already have it ?

You need to rotate the camera or your actor. Donā€™t rotate both.

No I donĀ“t, but kinda expected you would have it already?
They said they release beta during AWE conference,
but it ended and its kinda silent.
I only know they have topic area for v6 on forums and documentation on:
http://artoolkit.github.io/artoolkit6/Documentation/APIReference/AR6/html/ar_labeling_8c.html
Which also looks yet undone.

, have just updated plugin/unreal to latest versions (4.16.1 and 1.8) and am getting ā€œwebcam init errorā€ on the ARToolKitAdvanced map/scene (fresh installation, no old files). Using macOS Sierra and iPad Air 2. I investigated deploying artoolkit test scenes directly from XCode and it works - so Iā€™m guessing something is going wrong in the unreal wrapper/plugin side. Are you aware of any issues in the latest releases? I have previously had success with prior versions of the engine and your pluginā€¦

EDIT: I can also confirm that the ARToolkit Simple map also does not work (webcam init error). I followed the instructions on your website and made no modifications at all. iOS v 10.3 on the iPad Air 2, and macOS Sierra for development computer, Unreal Engine 4.16.1. Am I missing something here? Iā€™ve previously in Unreal 4.9 had this plugin working fineā€¦

when I build to android it loads the splash screen then just crashes, but again I couldnā€™t get the full version to build right so I copied the full version into the demo version and it runs on hit playā€¦ fails to build full version, Iā€™m using visual 2017 not 15, does that matter? I also have the dev UE with there ar source downloaded too from github

When I try to install the paid version I get ERROR TestAr could not be complied. Try rebuilding from source manually. when I opened the C project in studio 2017 and try to build I get these errors:

They have just updated their website.

At this point I cannot see any version for Windows ā€¦

Try with the 2015 toolchain, I did not test it on 2017 yet.

Can you package your game and install the .ipa from itunes ?

Works perfectly. I installed the .ipa via xcode and there is NO error, the app works as expected. Thank you for the workaround. Any idea why deploying via ā€œā€ in the unreal editor doesnā€™t work?

I opened the 2017 Visual Studio Installer then modify, added VC ++ 2015.3 v140 Toolset (under Desktop Dev). And choose donā€™t upgrade when making the c++ file for anyone else that was stuck. Itā€™s all working now on pc and android. although Iā€™m confused it seems to b just a video overlay with a marker.

hey guys,
short question, where can i find the values for the offset of my static mesh in relation to the marker?
thanks

Open the level blueprint and find ā€œOffset for NFT markerā€.

Hello ,
I want to change resolution in PC from default to 1280x720 how i can do that ?
I replaced all 640 to 1280 and all 480 to 720 in ARToolkitDevice.cpp but still Iā€™ve default resolution, and i built plugin again
My webcam is Logitech C310

Just check the show pin checkbox of the init node.
http://www.unreal4ar.com/init/

Hi !

We want to make an App that can show a AR Version of architectural floorplans on the printed page.

-Is it possible to make the AR App like a typical Game were you can load different floorplan 3D Data like a Level?
-or is it just possible to load all Data at onceā€¦ that would make the app extremely big if you have 30 Floorplans for one Project and would make it to big for a cellphone app if i put in fully baked detailed stuff.

Our Idea is to use a QR code first to load the app and maybe to know wich floorplan this is.
Then we use the picture of the floorplan as NFT marker for tracking.

So it would be awesome if we load the app only first like a startscreen and then only the data needed for this specific floorplan.

is this possible ?`;)

Seeya,

Thank you ,
I want to know is it possible to get location and rotation of two or more markers ?

Yes, you can track more than one markers!

Thanks, i couldnā€™t find in your website tutorials, how i can do it?

Check out the level blueprint of the Simple example that comes with the plugin. (the one with UE chair). All you have to do is to use multiple GetMarker nodes to get the position and rotation of each markers. http://www.unreal4ar.com/get-marker/

You can test if a marker is on the screen by using the visible pin.