Augmented Reality for UE4

Which link ?

Hi, there.

1 quick and maybe dummy question.

in the documentation u said

Still needed a mac computer?

Hi,

As far as I know macOS / xCode is required to compile any C++ code for iOS.

Hey , just sent you a message about an issue with my billing and account, could you please look into it?

Hello,

I’ve sent you an answer in email.

Hello ,
First, I want to thank you for your work that allows us to develop augmented reality games with unreal engine. I bought your plugin yesterday and I have a problem to deploy it on an Iphone 5c. I can deploy blank cpp projects so my certificates work. I am at your disposal if you have any questions.

Hello,

I am sure it’s not plugin related, but something regarding your provision / certificate files.

Check out the following lines from your log:

[FONT=Courier New]LogTemp:Display: Looking for a certificate that matches the application identifier ‘D7TK89579H.*’
LogTemp:Display: … **Failed to find a valid certificate that was in date **
LogTemp:Display: PROVISION-File:UE4_5abeb112-856f-457a-847c-cfcc226703e0.mobileprovision,Name:Archeologievirtuelle,Validity:NO_CERT,StartDate:04/04/2017 18:51:26,EndDate:04/04/2018

Seems like UE4 can’t find your certificate file. Can you please check it ?

Hey!

I’ve got a quick question:

Is it possible to modify the display output on a mobile device in a way that the camera feed is shown as SBS monoscopic VR?
This way it would be possible to take a phone + Google Cardboard and cheaply demo mixed reality with some tracked surfaces.

As the output would be monoscopic (only one camera, thus not double the image processing) the performance shouldn’t suffer a great deal
I imagine.
Monoscopic of course has obvious drawbacks, I’m just interested in the overall doability of this use case.
Another deal breaker would be if the image quality was just too bad to which would again depend on the present camera.

Kind regards

Hello,

You can get the web camera feed as a texture, and use it on two planes to mimic side by side video. It’s definitely doable but, the video feed won’t be stereo.

Hello I checked th Demo version. GetMarketMatrix input accepts 0-63 (AR_MATRIX_CODE_3×3). Is there any way to use AR_MATRIX_CODE_6×6 even it is not recommended ?

Try to tweak this in the ARToolkit config source code:

Plugins\ARToolkitPlugin\Source\ThirdParty\ARToolkit\include\Windows\AR\arConfig.h

The last line:

[FONT=Courier New]#define AR_MATRIX_CODE_TYPE_DEFAULT AR_MATRIX_CODE_3x3

Hello, i have a question:
AR plugin for UE4 have a tracker system , right?
Thanks

What do you mean by “tracker system” ?

hey guys, i’m a beginner and i wanted to know how i have to connect the get marker matrix blueprint. and how i have to connect the 2d barcodes 3*3 with it.
And thanks for your hardwork at this plugin! it’s great!

best regards

doesnt work for me, is this not available or am I just having local problems viewing it?

Hi, seems like the website is down , I’ve reported it to it’s admin.

Meanwhile you can find the tutorial on this link:
https://web.archive.org/web/20161027235127/http://safefromrobots.com:80/?p=149

It’s back online.

Hello Adams,
I think is a bug because I can deploy your plugin with Itunes after packaging. I have another question. Is it possible to lock the orientation to portrait ? I tried by active only portrait orientation support in Project Settings and set Device Orientation to Portrait in the Init node and it does not work.

Hi ,

You have been doing awesome job so far.

Will you create ARToolkit 6 beta plugin along side current fifth version plugin?
So we could also try it out and test out bugs?

Got everything working but I’m confused on the camera angle… everything is from the top down, its hard to rotate the characters around. I have rotated the cube and the camera already.