Augmented Reality for UE4

Did you build the engine completely from the source code? Just needed to ask, I had the same problem when trying it straight from the downloaded engine.

trying now… :slight_smile:

Yes, you need to build the whole engine from source. The launcher version won’t build the plugin into your project. Also there are some modified engine files in the plugin that you need to use, and it is only possible by building the engine from source.

I wish there could be another way to use 3rd party plugins on mobile platforms…

Well its crazy feature anyway :wink: so it’s more than good enough

Yea the feature itself is worth the source code build steps. The hardest part was getting Visual Studio to work properly on my machine. Building the actual engine using 's instructions was real easy. Got it working in no time once VS installed…

Hello ,

I buy the commercial licence, and follow the steps in readme.txt

I try to package project to Android ,but got error messages below.

How could I solve it?

(Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: Creating makefile for FishTankAR (game project files are newer)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: NDK version: 19, GccVersion: 4.8
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: Compiling Native code with NDK API ‘android-19’
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: Performing 3 actions (4 in parallel)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: [1/3] clang++.exe UELinkerFixupsName.h [armv7-es2]
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: [2/3] clang++.exe UELinkerFixups.cpp [armv7-es2]
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: [3/3] clang++.exe FishTankAR-armv7-es2.so
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:/Users/cyril_hsu/Documents/Unreal Projects/FishTankAR/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Source/ARToolkitPlugin/Private/ARToolkitDevice.cpp:736: error: undefined reference to ‘AndroidThunkCpp_CamStop()’
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:/Users/cyril_hsu/Documents/Unreal Projects/FishTankAR/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Source/ARToolkitPlugin/Private/ARToolkitDevice.cpp:175: error: undefined reference to ‘FJavaWrapper::Buffer’
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime/Core/Public\Android/AndroidMisc.h:96: error: undefined reference to ‘FJavaWrapper::newFrame’
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime/Core/Public\Android/AndroidMisc.h:96: error: undefined reference to ‘FJavaWrapper::FrameWidth’
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime/Core/Public\Android/AndroidMisc.h:96: error: undefined reference to ‘FJavaWrapper::FrameHeight’
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime/Core/Public\Android/AndroidMisc.h:96: error: undefined reference to ‘FJavaWrapper::Buffer’
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:/Users/cyril_hsu/Documents/Unreal Projects/FishTankAR/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Source/ARToolkitPlugin/Private/ARToolkitDevice.cpp:342: error: undefined reference to ‘AndroidThunkCpp_UnpackData()’
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:/Users/cyril_hsu/Documents/Unreal Projects/FishTankAR/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Source/ARToolkitPlugin/Private/ARToolkitDevice.cpp:666: error: undefined reference to ‘AndroidThunkCpp_CamStart()’
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:/NVPACK/android-ndk-r10e/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.8/include\bits/basic_string.h:249: error: undefined reference to ‘FJavaWrapper::FrameHeight’
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:/NVPACK/android-ndk-r10e/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.8/include\bits/basic_string.h:249: error: undefined reference to ‘FJavaWrapper::FrameWidth’
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: clang++.exe: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\cyril_hsu\Documents\Unreal Projects\FishTankAR\Binaries\Android\FishTankAR-armv7-es2.so
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: Total build time: 20.95 seconds

Hello
I have a problem
I downloaded ARPlugin_DEMO_v1_4
and i runing ARSampleUEv4_10
and its worked only editir in play mode
but if build project for windows then project starts but does not specify the camera and writes a message (Webcam init error)

Hi .
I package apk file with obb, but it wont initialize camera on device.
The game doesn’t copy Content/ARToolkit folder to mobile device, even thou i added Aditional non-asset folder to copy, and aditional non-asset folder to package.
Tried it on Xperia Aqua M4, Galaxy Mega and Galaxy S6 Edge.
When i copy and create folder manualy, camera resloution is 2x2 until marker is recongized.
What could be the problem?

Hello ! Thank you for your work! Now i’m struggling to change chair on a fight scene. You wrote:

How can i add the UE standart fight matinee to your scene? I try to compose 2 scene in one level. If i just connect MatineeActor to Functions that’s conects but didn’t works. I’ll glad to receive your answer.

Hi !

Looks like 4.11 was released today. Any thoughts on when we get more advanced examples or a new update?

you must be kidding mate. Take a look at all the other Kits out there. Vuforia you pay by the user and its based of ARtoolkit. I am more than happy to pay someone for their work and he has does something no one else is offering Opensource or otherwise.

I’m a Little confused is this response toward me?

I am looking for more examples of advanced integrations. Especially iOS deployments.

For Example. Its seems multi material objects will work with the plugin if you use it on your webcam via your computer and running the plugin from unreal. However I tried deploying to an ipad and was getting asserts on multi-material static meshes. If I applied a single material to the entire mesh is works fine… but for my case I’m attempting to do some architectural visualization which requires me to apply multiple material types to a static mesh.

I’m already a commercial purchaser of the product so I was looking for the next update.

Hi,

I just started to work with 4.11 as it’s quite new. Off course the plugin will support the new version, I am expecting to release the new version approx in 7-10 days.

Well, I am not quite sure about the multi-material question, if you could provide me an example would be great.

Are you sure the problem is related to the AR plugin ?
Can you run you scene on your iPad without using the plugin ?

Thanks,

Yeah the reply wanted posted in the correct spot. I was under the assumption that reply would be placed under the post you were reply to. I was replying to someone who thinks that ripped AR toolkit

Anyway I have was hoping you could tell me if there is a way to update the camera and back plane to one marker that you have picked up ( Using NFT and the normal Markers at the same time tends to move my object to the NFT marker)

Hi,
Thanks for your great plugin, I want to know is it possible to use custom pattern, I meant replace Hiro to another word ?

Sure you can replace with your own graphics!

Check out this url:

Hi

Before I dive deep into some of the new features of the upcoming release, I’ve made the current version compatible with Unreal Engine v4.11!

v1.4 Revision 1 for UE4.11 is available for download on unreal4ar.com!

Thats really Nice, Is this change include in sample project ? I couldn’t found that.

Wow that is some sick stuff! That will be really cool to see as a robust feature inside the editor. Good job!

Yes, you can change markers in the ARSample project, just copy the new marker into Content/ARToolkit/Data, and add your marker name to the Markers enumeration (located in the Blueprint folder in the editor)