Augmented Reality for UE4

I optimized the plugin for performance, and compatibility to run on low / mid-range devices, also I found that marker detection is more reliable on lower resolutions.

It will be controllable from blueprint in the future.

Currently you can only change it from code.

IOS:

ARToolkitDevice.cpp

NSString *vconf = [NSString stringWithFormat : @“%@ %@ %@ %@ %@”, @“-format=BGRA”, @“-fliph”, @“-flipv”, @“-preset=cif”, @“-position=rear”];

-preset parameter can be::

cif, 480p, 720p, 1080p, low, medium, high

Android:

Change values to 640 x 480.

AndroidJNI.cpp line 95

//Camera
FrameWidth = 320;
FrameHeight = 240

GameActivity.java

surfaceTexture.setDefaultBufferSize(320,240);

later on the same file…

cameraParam.setPreviewSize(320, 240);

Hi ,

My plan is to add this feature for the upcoming 1.5 version of the plugin. The release date will be after the final release of UE 4.11.

Thanks for you patience!

If you copy the light source and the material settings from the Motorbike demo you will get a perfect transparent shadow receiver plane, even on distant edges there will be no gradient.
Yes it’s limited solution because it works only under certain light conditions. (For example in the demo you can only change the angle of the shadow)

I could not find a better solution for that, unfortunately there is no matte shadow material in unreal 4.

It’s a little tricky. There is a shadow receiver plane with a normal opaque material under the subject. It is set to be on the plane of the marker. In the background there is another plane with an unlit material They have the same screen space UV -s coordinates. You need to tweak both the materials and the light source to get the same look for both planes.

Ok that is quite complicated xD

Does this support googles project tango?

Can you please provide some tutorial or steps to implement ARtool kit plugin in UE4 , i already brought personal edition plugin but i cant even open sample project from that cause their is no .uproject file in that …

Building on HeadClot’s question, does this plugin support Meta 2? Willing to pay more if this support the device.

Afeez, HeadClot

Meta 2 will be available in Q3 2016, unfortunately I don’t have access to early prototypes. If it’s supported by Unreal 4 and if it has an RGB video camera (yes it will have!), it will work. Maybe some additional tweaking will be necessary.

Project Tango uses both depth sensor and RGB camera. You can use the plugin with it, but it won’t benefit from the depth data.

i hav the same issue on mobile

“ARToolkitPlugin’ failed to load because module ‘ARToolkitPlugin’ could not be found.
Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project.”

should i pay for the plugin before testing it?

You can find the demo .apk for android on the link below:

For iOS I could not find a way to share the ipa file outside of the app store. Suggestions are welcome!

Hi . Unfortunately I’m not finding this to be the case on my dev machine. Just to be sure, I created a fresh project with the 1.4 SampleProject dated 26 2016. The far edge of the shadow plain is faintly but clearly visible - I have a screenshot available but the forum won’t let me upload the png. Toggling the shadows off makes the edge darker with a strong gradient but it is always visible with shadows enabled.

I’m REALLY looking forward to the barcodes - hoping Epic hurries with 4.11.

Hi guys
I tried to follow intruction but everytime i run apk file " it said ARSampleAndroid has stopped " do you know why and how to fix that problem?
Br,

Hi , just sent you a private message!

Great plugin! I purchased the full license to get a demo app working on Android. I have it working correctly, but I am having an issue with it. if I install it via the bat file, everything is peachy. However, if I upload the apk and obb file to Google Play Store, then when I load up the app, the camera doesn’t load and it’s just a white screen. I’ve tried everything and cannot figure this out. I have found that if I move the downloaded obb file from the normal android location (Android/obb/com.whatever.whatever/whatever.obb) and move it to the root of my storage (obb/com.whatever.whatever/whatever.obb) the camera loads perfectly and the app runs well. I need to distribute this app to a client and I don’t want them to have to move files around on their phone to get it to work. Has anyone ran into this at all? I could really use some help. Thank you!

Hi,

I am glad you like the plugin!

In GameActivity.java (the one included with the plugin) there is a line:

[FONT=Courier New] String obbPath = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + “/obb/”;

Try to change it to:

[FONT=Courier New] String obbPath = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + “/Android/obb/”;

I hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Yup that did the trick! Wow thank you so so much! This is a big step forward for AR in my company. I really appreciate the help and all the work you put into this plugin. Thank you so much!

Could you package a version of your plugin for Android S6? I would definitely buy it, but if and only if it is confirmed working for the Gear VR.

Yes, it works on the S6!

Hi there
I just purchased the individual licence to try the plugin and when i package to android ETC2 to try on my Gear VR (i have the note 5) it keeps telling me that "ARToolkitPlugin could not be found.
I did as you mentioned in the instructions:

1 created c++ blank project
2 moved the folders there
etc

I tried also to replace the build and source in the engine folders from within the UpdatesForAndroid Folder…

Please help :frowning: