AudioComponent location change - delayed audio update

Hello,

I have an AudioComponent, location of which is updated in the world at every tick. It uses a Sound Attenuation file because both attenuation & spatialization are required for the audio effect. Problem is: when AudioComponent is moved to a new location, I can see that the component is there, but the sound is hearable there 1-2 seconds later.

More details:

Audio is of a laser beam. It represents enemy laser beam’s impact on the player.

Then I do a linetrace from the enemy to a forward direction. If the trace is blocked by player, I set the location there. Otherwise location is at the end of the trace (far away). Normally everything works in static position. When I drag pawn to the right (so that trace no longer touches it) and then bring it back again (touches again), the sound near player will play 1-2 seconds later. I am certain that the component’s location is correct - I attached a mesh to verify in runtime that there is no issue in the location.

I believe the audiocomponent takes some time to update its attenuation parameters, and doesn’t react immediately to the location changes.

Has anybody encountered anything like that? I would appreciate any recommendations.

UE 5.1

Found a workaround. This is my conclusion: when audio component changes location from point A to point B (with one-time call to SetWorldLocation()), it takes some time to be heard at new place. Initially my distance between these two points was large. The logic was for it to be inaudible at point A(far distance) and audible on point B (Player). So, instead of using far point for A, since it is not audible anyway, I placed it near the player. This way, the delay is solved. So, to me it seems like the delay when moving audiocomponent to a new location, is proportional to the distance to the new location.