Attack on Titan - Fan Game

Titans running round eating stuff. Would be epic!

Thanks a lot !

It should be alright as long as itā€™s just a personal project. When Iā€™ll feel confident with the engine, Iā€™ll do my own game, but for now I just want to have fun :smiley:
And by the way, JVtheWanderer, the game youā€™re talking about is exist already and itā€™s awesome :wink: : http://fenglee.com/game/aog/ ( and fan made too ! )

I finally managed to implement the grappling hook. It was a pain in the *** with my limited knowledge, and it still super buggy, but at least itā€™s doing something, which is nice :wink:

That is pretty f*ing cool. :slight_smile:

your really enjoying this arnt you cause im thrilled :smiley:

Maybe you would like to implement this: Edge grabbing - Blueprint - Epic Developer Community Forums

I found that with questions https://answers.unrealengine.com/ is a place that answers them super fast. And by fast I mean like an hour or less.

Also, I really like what you did with the Eren model. Looks GREAT!

And legally where you are now, you are fine. At this point the worst that can happen is if the people who own the rights to this happen to see this post, happen to get offended for god nows what reason, and then just asks you to take it down. It wonā€™t happen so donā€™t worry =D Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing what you will do next with this guy! PERHAPS A TRANSFORMATION?! And of course he canā€™t fight alone!

If he does not I will. Iā€™m just working on getting some testing assets.

Thanks a lot guys !

@Alex3D : I could be a really nice idea indeed ! Thanks for the hint. Iā€™ll try to dig it as soon as I finished with the grappling hook :wink:
@DeDareDevil : Yeah, that could be fun to add too ! Iā€™ll think about it :smiley:

Now we just need some Gore and a nice screaming sound haha! :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

I posted this on answerhub too but it wonā€™t hurt to post it here too :wink:

I have some trouble to use physics simulation on a character. From what I understand, if I need to physic simulation on my main character, I need to deactivate the character movement component first.
Iā€™m trying to do a grappling hook, where my character would be subject to impulse force and joint physic constraint.

In the exemple from the video, when the character is in the air, and the grappling hook hit something, I deactivate the character movement, activate the simulate physics on him, and add an impulse force toward the hit location.
When I release the hook, I re activate character movement and stop physics, but the velocity during the simulation is not added to the character, and he start the movement exactly where he stopped it when reeled the grappling hook.

Is this the best way to do a grappling hook ? and is there a way to fix those issues ?
Thank you a lot in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU6ObyKhHqo

I so want to start designing levels from my favorite episodes for you now ugh why do you have to be so good at this!!!

there are alot of fans out here, if you want you can make this a community project and loads of peeps might help you out on the environment and even the game-play :smiley:

There is much truth to this! :slight_smile:

@AzamKhan : Thatā€™s super sweet, super thank you. But like I said, I donā€™t plan to make it to the end with this project. Itā€™s just my first project in Unreal Engine, and when Iā€™ll feel confident enough with the tools, Iā€™ll do my own game. But for the time being I thought it was fun to to do a AoT thing you know :wink:
But what Iā€™ll probably do, is giving my scene, with all my blueprints I created, so if someone want to push it further, he would be more than welcome :wink: The only thing is I wonā€™t release the character to avoid legal issues, I hope youā€™ll understand :wink:

Looks very good yo. Good luck! I hope you donā€™t get the po-po on you though. Attack On Titan is a mega huge IP. Probably #1 in Japan right now (Iā€™m pretty sure the manga is #1 in Shonen Jump or whatever itā€™s called). They will for sure come after you probably because they will be releasing a professional game at some point in the states. They have to defend their patent or lose it is what I was told.

I had a mod that had to get renamed all because a part of itsā€™ subtitle conflicted with a Board game

Big companies really like stepping on the little people. Even though the little people made them what they are. I fear one day Indie will be dead as everything will have legal issues and Indies cannot afford the costs in court to defend.

You canā€™t blame companies for protecting their intellectual property which they worked just as hard to develop. How would you like if someone profited off of your hard work? There are two sides to that coin.

Let me repeat, as long as he does not release this project or share the files with anyone he is 100% in the clear. It falls under fan art. They cannot come after him unless he releases this, itā€™s as simple as that.

Yeah it should be alright :wink:

By the way, I ran into another issue that I posted on Unreal AnswerHub too :

I got a blueprint with physics constraint, with linear limits set to limited. I would like to know if there is a way to set the Linear Limit Size inside my Blueprint. I try to drag from my physic constraint class node and find something in the context sensitive menu but I canā€™t find anything that could help me. I also found this in the doc : FConstraintInstance::SetLinearLimitSize | Unreal Engine Documentation Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m looking for, but I never programmed anything and I have no idea how to implement this into a blueprint

Are you saying that if one day, someone ripped models and assets from your game ā€˜Out Reachā€™ or made some sort of unauthorized game telling their own version of the Out Reach story, you wouldnā€™t pursue legal action to defend your IP?

This makes absolutely no sense dude. Being an independant developer has nothing to do with using IP that you donā€™t own. Independant developers usually make their own IP and thatā€™s how the indie scene flourishes. If an independant developer didnā€™t use someone elses IP, why on earth would they run into legal issues?

Your first comment makes no sense with the first quote. Also I am saying as years go on more game ideas will be already covered by large studios. So for an Indie to get a game out he/she may run into legal issues as most things at some point will be copyrighted, trademarked, or franchised. It is hard enough as it is being unique and not stepping on any other games toes. You need to realize big studios can push 10 games out to our 1. Specially if your talking big games. We could work on a solid idea and by time we release it some big shots already made it a few times over. Good recent example being King.com trying to get IP on the word Candy. If they or have obtained the rights who is to say many other words will not be claimed. In 10 years from now Indie could very well be an after thought.