Attack Combo system via blueprints

Is there a way to allow the player to create combos based on different sections within an animmontage? I am making a game where the player will press a button to attack and I want to make it so that they can press the button x number of times to perform a combo and in a main menu allow them to choose what section of the montage to play up to x number of times. They can only gain access to that section is the skill is learned which would allow that option to appear in the menu. The menu is UMG.

I am aiming to use Fortnite’s combat style as a template for the combat within this game

For the gaining access to learned combos part I’d say a branch in your character blueprint would work…just need a bool that says “Has access to combo 3” or something…true it plays combo 3, false it does not…

I use bools to change combos based on if they’ve switched weapons mid combo…if so they get a different set of animations…anyways…if you want to take a look at how I went about it I’ve a few videos up… Alice in Tokyo Wonderland - Blueprint Only Action Hack n' Slash - Work in Progress - Unreal Engine Forums

if that doesn’t point you in a helpful direction let me know…I can think of some folks on this forum who might be able to help…

You have no idea how much this is going to help me out! Mind if I keep in contact with you in case I have any questions? I need more game design friends anyways. haha

Happy to hear it helps…
Let me know if you’ve any questions…I’ll help all I can…