in Tokyo Wonderland - Blueprint Only Action Hack n' Slash

NEARLY DAILY TWITCH STREAMS: www.Twitch.tv/BlinkTheory
COME JOIN US!!! EDUCATIONAL AND ENTERTAINING!!!

Happy to show off what we’ve been working on…I’ll be brief with this post but I’ll be updating frequently…

Vote for us on Steam…We all Know how important getting on Steam is…
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile…/?id=317245256

I’ll be doing a Dev diary every two weeks or so going into the logic behind the Blueprints. I know there’s quite a few questions on 3rd person Hack n’ slashes I’ve seen on the so I’ll help best I can. I’m No Pro. But I’ll let you know how I went about it.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/274/c/9/alicetg560310_by_presidentnelson-d8183vt.gif

2 Likes

Howdy President,

Great work on your project so far! I am really liking the different take on in Wonderland. Keep up the fantastic work and i will be sure to stop by when you post an update. Have a great day!

The sword materials are using too much emissive colors , it looks like a groovy weapon or some sword from a Disney game. Is the game arenas based or will it be some real levels with platforming also ?
I like the fast gameplay, it seems fun to play.

Swords need to be bigger. Just kidding.

Keep it up.

Galeon - it’ll have real levels…it’s just looks like an arena fighter to test out the gameplay…

Speaking of which…here’s a Gameplay video…I’ll go into some Blueprint stuff next Video…

Vote for us on Steam…We all Know how important getting on Steam is…

if you’ve any questions or would like to see something in particular let me know…thanks…

This looks great! I subscribed to the thread:-)

Looks quite nice.

Venged, SkacikPL…Thanks…
and thanks for showing the game on the Twitch stream today…super cool…

a7aba8f1a7db256b74753983dacfd7adaca0e380.jpeg
close up of the Kendo guy…used him to practice on how to use the Quixel Suite…

Animation is pretty badass. Ninja Gaiden in short skirt.

They’re quickie animations for now…I’ll be reworking all of them. Thanks…it only will get better from here…

I’ll have a video showing off how I made the big sword attacks/collision, root motion stuff this week…for those curious…

Hi, the game look wonderful keep going!!, I did vote on Greenlight! :cool:

Keep it going!

Awesome…Looks like we’ll need it…the Game has slowed down to a crawl on Steam…Grand Reopening once I build a larger audience I guess…

Ha, not a chance I’d stop…Thanks…heading to bed now but once I wake I’ll record then post the 1st making of Video…

Hi,

have you tried Baynetta 2. I think it can be your inspiration.

I have not made it to Bayonetta 2 yet…I’m currently (slowly) getting through Batman Arkssassin Creed…errr Shadow Of Mordor…

Here’s the first melee fighter tut…
I’ve have the next super soon…

Summary is just use a Combo Float/Int to hold your combo # and increase it whenever you see fit…Switch on Int handles the rest by going to whichever Animations you’ve set up.

I don’t use the sections in Anim Montage like I’m likely supposed to but once again this is just works for me.

Subbing this thread right now.
You’re making a very good job with the game. Keep up the amazing work.
You have my vote on greenlight
By the way love the weapon’s size the most :wink:

Thanks…We need it on Greenlight…really slowing down there so it helps a lot…thanks…

I suppose we’ll just keep it going…

Summary is using Anim Notifies to signal when to move to the next animation if you’ve pressed the button during the previous attack. Also a reset combo if you’ve not pressed the attack.

This is very interesting, thank you for the tutorials. What I struggle the most is handling the weapon impact with the enemies, how they react to them and making the hits feel powerful and fun.

I use an Enum to state which kind of damage my enemies should take and when the collision overlap happens…the rest is in the animations to make the hits feel powerful and fun…

The next video (this week) will have the enemies taking damage from traces…so I’ll go into detail soon…

Moving on to more fun things like Enemies…

Summary is just a Float that you minus damage from to know when an enemy is dead…then kill them…

Also to add Floats and what not to Events just click on the event and in the details panel Click new…Just like adding any variable really…

“New” button is bottom left