Attach particle to bone/socket scales the effect

I reported this bug back in 4.7. But the bug is still there. Attaching a particle to a bone scales it up by a factor of 100. So I need to scale the particle system back down by 0.01 each time the particle is applied to any bone or socket.

Mesh comes in from blender 2.75 with default import settings in UE4 skeletal mesh.

It “seems” to be scaling it by the bones scale? Assuming the bone is coming in scaled somehow?

link text

Hi Gibbz -

I am not seeing the behavior with my test project. I have included it below, please have a look and see if you are seeing any scaling issues with the Particles or if your setup is different than mine.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

[Test_Project][2]

Ive reattached an updated version. have a look in the blueprint ive setup. It happens in there. The version you have in the editor looks right, except its not being animated (ive included the animation files for you to see if thats the problem).

Thanks

[link text][1]

Ive reattached an updated version. have a look in the blueprint ive setup. It happens in there. The version you have in the editor looks right, except its not being animated (ive included the animation files for you to see if thats the problem).

Thanks

[link text][1]

Hi Gibbz -

Thank you for the additional information, but unfortunately what has happened is expected behavior. Since your blender model is being scaled by 100 times on import than all sockets and joints have the scale modified to account for the new Transform. So any effect attached to the bone will also have the same scaling applied, in the case of our test project the Initial 25 sized Particle Sprite becomes 2500. This is not Blender specific; I’ve tested this behavior in Maya and Max as well and any scaled mesh will yield the same results.

There are two ways of fixing this behavior. The first would be to model in centimeters in Blender to ensure that you are always importing at a 1 to 1 ratio into UE4. The other you have already discovered by scaling down the particle system to 0.1 times its size.

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum

Ok no worries, thought it was not supposed to be that way :slight_smile:

Thanks for looking at this :slight_smile: