The tool is now live on the marketplace!!
Go check it out over here: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/slug/3caab7c6e81f449296989122c043ae21
When a project has been going on for a while, through several prototyping phases, a lot of assets get created but end up not being used and just take up space in your project.
This makes your project file size bigger, your packaged build bigger, and your loading time/shader compile times longer, for no reason.
The Assets Cleaner tool scans all the assets in a project and lists up all the ones that are unused (not referenced by anything else).
It then lets you select them in the browser, delete, manage them
This is a great way to keep your project clean, efficient, and your build size small.
Version RC1 (requires UE 4.23)
This tool is now out of public testing, and will be sumitted to the marketplace in the next few days. Stay tuned!
- Scan project assets and lists unused ones
- Select items in content browser, or in Explorer
- Edit items
- Delete selected items
- Move items to a different folder (to more easily find them later)
- Filter by name, type or folder.
- Resize and sort columns
- Show current selection in Reference Viewer to double check they are not referenced by anything
- Show current selection in Size Map, for a nice visual graph of the disk size occupied by these assets.
If you have any feedback, issue, or feature you’d like to see please post a comment below.