Asset reflection issues after last patch

After last patch I’m having errors in my code related to assets. Verse builds with no errors but VS displays some errors.

My code has the next error
“Qualifier of partial module definition differs from qualifier of related other partial definition”

The code inside Assets.digest.verse has the next error
“Qualifier must be applied to a module/class/interface”

screenshots with the code and errors:

Same: if someone figures out a solution, let us know.

I figured out the solution. They updated how to expose the assets. You have to put the parent module in () prior to the sub-module that you are importing. For example, your updated code should be:

miscAssets := module:
    (miscAssets:)Mat<public> := module:
        (Mat:)numbers<public> := module {}
lowpoly := module:
    (lowpoly:)Materials<public> := module:
        (Materials:)walls<public> := module {} 

#would replace folder name "Materials" with "Lowpoly_Materials" or something similar so that it is no longer ambiguous.

The errors you are getting in your assets.digest.verse file are likely due to the name of those folders being generic “Textures”, “Models”, “Particles”, etc that are ambiguous with UEFN’s generic names for things.

This documentation page needs to be updated to reflect the changes: Exposing Assets in UEFN to Verse

3 Likes

thanks. both fixes worked

1 Like

When i used the fix above. Also tried moving the textures to a Parent Folder at the top level. (1 folder in the main project folder with only the textures) I also tried removing the specifier for public in verse. Then the map doesn’t even load and fortnite gets stuck in, it seems like a loop. It says connected in uefn but just keeps reloading the map without even leaving the loading screen

I am trying to use same approach but cannot address any of the objects inside that folder, what am I missing?

(Assets:)aliens<public> := module:
    (aliens:)forest_biome<public> := module:
        (forest_biome:)level_1<public> := module:
            (level_1:)forest_deer<public> := module:
                #(forest_deer:)ForestDeer_Idle<public>:animation_sequence {}

I tried to point to the animation itself but any kind of " =" or “:” or “: {}” and “= {}” doesn’t work because it wants some real assignment to it :sweat: but I try to just expose the object to code so I can reference it and play on a character, what is the correct way to do it?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.