Asset export not working at all

Hello, my problem is exporting asset with “asset actions → export”. I’ve got a texture that isn’t on the hard drive in its native format like jpg or something, but I’ve got it inside UE4 project content folder in uasset format. The problem is that when I do try to export it straight from project absolutely nothing happens. I’ve read that I should be able to export things even if they’re deleted but are inside project content folder saved as uasset.
I use normal UE 4.7.6 version, not one compiled from source, but I can do that if that will solve this problem.

What should I do?

Does the save file as window open once you click on Export?

Ofc it does and I tried to save in every format available there but nothing happens. I just click save and it seems successfull but nothing appears there.

From the way you said nothing happens I thought maybe the window wasn’t opening to prompt the file save. Try saving to your desktop, then check to see if it is there if it isn’t go back into engine and export again without changing the filename so it matches the first try…when you do this does it prompt to overwrite the file?

This sounds like the .PNG was saved in 16 bit instead of 8 bit, resulting in it being unable to export.
It might have been another format prior to importing it, but since there are a lot of variables I cannot tell you how it was imported, what went wrong, or how to export it.

Basically in the 16 bit .png situation, there is no chance of it being exported.
you might want to contact who-ever made the package that contains that texture.

(I had this issue when I released my cavepack, something I solved around 4.8, by reimporting the .png as 8 bits.)