Arthurs Audio BPs

now that I have your attention, how might I use your audio BP system and materials parameters… and the audio track in the sequencer itself to drive the material parameter ?

so instead of sampling an audio cue or track/file, I can use my audio track and all its dragged in sound effects, to drive the material ?

(possibly without having to first output a new audio file from the sequencer)

I’ve actually never used the sequencer, so it is not in my knowledge!

AaBPs V0.9.9.9 Released!!!

You can directly support me(and by extension, continued development on this thing) by naming any price for any of my ‘games’ here: https://diggart.itch.io/ or through Patreon: ArthurBarthur is creating UE4 interactive examples | Patreon

Downloads

Discord: Arthurs...audio-visual blueprints?

V0.9.9.9???

Yeah next is 1.0 right? Will start finalizing and polishing a bit, record some videos on everything like overviews and some deep dives.
Aaand make music. Also make Quartz examples.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]V1000

Huge refactor this time! Finally made a plugin, Arthurs Audio-Visual Toolkit.
All the nice stuff is in there now, separated from the rest of the project.
Super portable when we just want the tools over on a different project, instead of including ALL the example levels and stuff in it!
The plugin should be on Unreal Marketplace soon, will update with link.
For now the project works standalone no problem :slight_smile:

Now that things seeem to take a permanent shape, I can start making video-overviews.
For now though just a teaser: Messing around in v0.9.9.9.6 - YouTube

Github: GitHub - ArthurBarthur/ArthursAudioBPs: UE4 project with various examples of audio-related stuff like
Zip DL: ArthursAudioBPs - Google Drive
Discord: Arthurs...audio-visual blueprints?

Hi , this are great. Quick question, on the input mic/audio, how can I change the channel from my soundcard. I can’t seem to find it. Thanks.

It chooses the one that is set to default in the OS, is that what you mean?

Yep, but if my soundcard has 4 channels, how can I pick them, currently I can only use the first one. thanks

Ah, don’t know if we can do that through BPs. I achieve stuff like that by using Voicemeeter Potato to route what i want to a virtual input!

Hi , I’m a beginner at Unreal Engine and I have a stupid question. Is there any way to make the BP playing while using the sequence? I want to make an audio visualization film in Unreal but BP seems didn’t work in sequence.

By the way, your project is really breathtaking!!!

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile:

No stupid questions. Honestly I have never used sequencer, so don’t know what the deal is.
Most of my stuff is focused on real-time. The synesthesia-stuff is baked info on samples, so I would imagine that to be great for sequence, because we can look up viz data for timestamps every time we render a frame.
Instead of relying on doing real-time analysis of live game audio, we would have some samples’s viz data baked with synesthesia.

Appreciate your compliment!!!

Hello ArthurBarthur,
Your project has been really helpful to me, however I’ve come across a problem. I want to record users voice from the mic and save it on my disk for using it later. So far, with the help of your project, I’m able to record the audio but it only gets stored in the editor Content folder, when I look for the same audio file in my explorer it doesnt exist. I tried giving absolute path to where I want it to get stored on disk too but still no luck! Currently I’m running this on windows(UE4.26) but eventually I want to push this on Quest. Any help would be appreciated.

I’m really new to UE4, like only-one-week new, so the soln could be silly and I might not know, Please bear with me!

Hey! :sunny: Very happy to hear it’s been helpful.

You might have figured it out already, but anyway: if we set it to record as ‘wav file’ (instead of ‘sound wave’) it will create a real .wav file, and it will live inside the saved folder of the project + the path written.
Made a magical guide, notice how it creates the yoyoyo folder automatically:

Hi ArthurBarthur,

Firstly, thanks a lot for all of the knowledge that you’re sharing. It’s been so valuable to see how you do things!

My question is, do you have any experience with sending audio over IP into Unreal Engine?
I’ve been trying to figure out how to send audio stems from Ableton Live (Mac) into unreal (PC) but I’m not sure how to get UE to see the different stems.
I’ve tried to use the AudioCapture component, but that seems to only work with my mic that is directly plugged into my PC. And i’ve tried OSC, but from what I understand that’s used for Midi. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Hello! Glad to hear that!!!:slight_smile:

The AudioCapture component will use whatever input is set as default in the OS(windows).

If we have a cable between and set that line-in as the default mic in windows, it will be picked up by AudioCapture component. It takes in mono or stereo, so the max throughput is 2 tracks as mono, sent via L/R of the line in.
Can then split the L/R in Unreal to have 2 completely separate mono audio streams in there, and use them for whatever. Alternatively 1 stereo audio stream over the same L/R line-in, just without splitting in Unreal.

Have not tried OSC - I’ve heard of people using it to send audio between apps, but no idea how that would work!

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if UE would recognise more than 2 channels? I have a 32x32 channel mixer plugged into the PC and was wondering if there’s a way to feed more than 2 channels and if so, how would you go about accessing them within unreal? I guess what I’m asking is, does a different instance of the AudioCapture component get a different channel? In other words, would I need 32 AudioComponents to access 32 mono channels?
I joined your Discord server actually so I might post this question on there too.

Yo, we talked it over on my Discord, but posting here as well for anyone else:

No matter how many audio capture components we have, they will still all fight for the same default recording device, so nothing to gain there sadly.
Out of the box it’s currently not possible to do more audio streams in.

Can definitely be programmed in if got the skills available…pretty rare skills though! Don’t know which exact audio backend stuff is based on now, but I know it’s extensible and could be persuaded to do something like this.

Just wanna say discovered this right now, and… wow… this is amazing

Thanks for creating and maintaining this!

1 Like

Thank YOU for the thanks :blush: means a lot.

1 Like

@ArthurBarthur

Hey i was digging around thru your stuff looking at it all. To get the frequencies i am after. I have to add those to the frequency array to be used? or checked?

Yep write it into the array var in the submix_analyzer!

1 Like