Arthurs Audio BPs

V0.9.6 released!!!

Download: GitHub - ArthurBarthur/ArthursAudioBPs: UE4 project with various examples of audio-related stuff like
Chat/Discord: Arthurs...audio-visual blueprints?

Still no overview-video, but the features are:

NEW Feature Examples in V0.9.6

• Submix meters(simple volume-visualizers for submixes)
  • Submix recording example(to soundwave or .wav)
  • Audio capture examples(Three new levels, incl recording and visualizing mic without hearing ourselves)

Other v0.9.6 Improvements

• NoteRunner level with truly super duper random sounds every time
  • SpringKeys are performant now(they were auto-shutting off at 0 volume, causing stuttering. Now the oscs never hit 0 vol)
  • Lots of little fixes and changes here, there, everywhere!
  • Submix effect tweaker is…better
  • hundreds of little things here and there

*This should be the last version before 1.0, which is intended for marketplace…will still be free download here as well though. *Meanwhile, you CAN give your direct support by paying for any of these ‘games’ here: https://diggart.itch.io/ :slight_smile:

This is so good! Phenomenal job sir!

Great stuff as always! Im not sure if i asked before but is it now possible to get plugins audio like the webbrowser to affect the visualiser? I was hoping with the new audio engine and other updates this might now work since it didn’t last time i tried sometime ago. Id love to get web audio and youtube working? Thanks!

hi, I have a problem with audio capture, when I stop the unreal engine 4.25.1 simulation it freezes and I am forced to close the program. I need to let the audio in directly from the microphone of my pc to generate a real time visualization … could you help me understand why the audio capture component generates this problem?
thank you so much for sharing your investigation

Hey! Haven’t tried the web-browser, but if it’s an older plugin it might not be so easy out of the box…

Hmm, not sure what’s up with that! Does the crash happen with an empty project, where the only things we do is make sure ‘Audio Capture’ plugin is enabled, then make an actor and add an Audio Capture Component to it? Should be enough to get default mic input going!

V9.8 released btw!!!
Been out for 2 weeks lol.
Just started work on V9.9/1.0 and realized… :slight_smile:

!!! You can directly support development by naming any price for any of my ‘games’ here: https://diggart.itch.io/ :slight_smile:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/core/image/gif;base64

NEW Feature Examples in V0.9.8

• “Candy” Audio Visualizer
  • Huge hub-level with game-modes, doors to all levels, lots of silly BPs and more.
  • Jump-pads that trigger samples(audio)

Already Included Feature Samples

• Submix meters(practical and simple in-world volume visualizers for submixes)
  • Submix recording example(to soundwave or .wav)
  • Audio capture examples(Three new levels, incl recording and visualizing mic without hearing ourselves)
  • Independent pitch and playback-speed control with granular player(thank you for HQ voice sample Megagoth1702)
  • SpringKeys, a physical, springy piano synthesizer instrument
  • Granular chord choir music instrument thing
  • Basic Modulation Plugin example
  • Spline-based variation on the frequency visualizers
  • Single frequency audio-visualizer boxes as standalone things
  • Live Submix Effect-tweaker knob
  • Synesthesia plugin examples
  • Modulation plugin example
  • More musical Rollplate-examples added
  • Rollplates; an evolution of the existing noteplates. Registers rolling objects as well, and uses physics for note velocity.
  • Source effects(live modulation)
  • ‘NoteRunner’ synth music based on physics and world-Z
  • Midi input/output
  • Spatial propagation example
  • Modular Synth Preset Randomizer
  • Spatial music-triggers
  • Mic/Input capture
  • Modular Synth
  • visualization with single sound envelope followers
  • submix FFT frequency analyzers and visualizers
  • granular synthesis based door-hinges
  • TimeSynth working as drum machine
  • SourceBus, Submix and SourceEffect routing

Download

Discord: Arthurs...audio-visual blueprints?

https://forums.unrealengine.com/core/image/gif;base64
​​​​​

Hello, I’m trying to get an audio player with tempo adjustment. I used your sample as a reference but the sound that comes out of the granular time player is really noisy and choppy. Even in your sample, the voice isn’t really sharp when comparing to the source audio. What causes that and how can I fix it?

Thanks and good work, it’s really helpful.

Hi! :slight_smile:
Yeah it’s tricky! My version still needs tuning to get playback that is close to original quality of sample.

So the AaBPs version has a base granular preset that we can mess with:

It is there in the details, and when expanding it looks like this:

Now here it is important to understand granular synthesis! It spawns lots of small “sound bites”. Each of which we can pitch, tell length of, how often per second it goes, any random timing chance, and more. Messing with the base preset, we can set the granular synthesizer up for different use-cases. It will be different optimal settings for different scenarios.

Inside the granular player blueprint, I try to do some dynamic changing of grain duration and grains per second, because this is the only way I can think of to keep things smooth at all kinds of different settings.

If we didn’t do something dynamic, we could only set the granular to play nice with certain settings. With dynamic tweaking, we should be able to have smooth playback no matter the pitch or speed.

Now where are these values coming from, for example ‘grain duration MP 1’?

The control board is where:

Now I had difficulties doing a straight linear conversion for these, for example concerning pitch->grain duration.

What I ended up doing was make a few curve assets, so we can scale this differently all along the different values:

So, that is the gist of how this player is set up. IT IS NOT WORKING PERFECT YET, FOR SURE! I haven’t developed this further in a while.
I would love to revisit, and find a way to make this thing sound great!

Let me know if you make any advances. I’ll get back to this too someday, hopefully soon.

And thank you! :slight_smile:

Hello ArthurBarthur
thank for your share
but, please help me, how to creat some node in your project
Many Thanks

Thank you :slight_smile:
We have to drag out from the pin on the “Analysis Beautifier” reference, then we can find Smoothed Values in the list. The smoothed values are inside the analysis beautifier BP, so without a reference to it, they don’t exist.
Once we have the array of smoothed values, we can drag off from that, and then find “get a copy” in the list! We have to drag out from arrays to have the “get” node because it’s function is to get something specific from a list(array).

oh oh oh,
i try it
thank you so much

How easy might it be to get the latest version working with 4.26 preview 3?

I’d LOVE to see audio driving things like volumetric clouds, storms, water, ocean waves etc etc etc etc

WOW.

All of this in one engine will be epic

:cool: it should be enough to open the latest project with 4.26. Some things will break, but 85% of the stuff should work!
Or wait for next version of AaBPs, after 4.26 is properly out…

Looking forward to see what you do. Sky is the limit!

Hello. I need help (My scene has sounds of footsteps, shooting, ambient.
All these sounds are analyzed together with music from BP_SoundSource.
Can extraneous sounds except for BP_SoundSource be removed from the capture?

Hi! Yeah, make a new submix and put it on the sound, then tell the analyzer to listen to just that submix in details panel

Yes it worked, thanks. I tried different options for a long time until I saw the submix settings.
Thanks for the amazing work on the project. Please keep developing it.

Nice! Yes I will keep developing it :slight_smile: It’s been a little pause, but next version is big. Gearing up for v1.0!

Thanks !

I have used your BP to drive the material in my volumetric smoke monster in order to better time it with the flash sounds…

Its essentially lightning in volumetric clouds…

That is incredibly scary, and COOL! Awesome work!