Arm IK not working when replacing mesh

Hello everyone.

I’ve been working on a character having IK arms while in VR and it works with the default Mannequin.
The character I modeled shares the same Skeleton and even works nicely with Animation Assets, so I believe the rig is working as it should be.
Super-easy VR body with Arm IK and thumbstick locomotion - Unreal Engine 4 Tutorial - YouTube followed this tutorial and again, it works with the Mannequin just like in the video, but the problem is when I change the Mesh to the character I made, it only shows me my character in T-pose.
I double checked for the “Anim Class” to be “ThirdPerson_AnimBP_C”, which is the one I modified for the IK and was working with the original model.

I’ve been stuck for a couple days now and I’d really appreciate some help on this since I’m pretty new to Unreal and have been learning via tutorials.

When you change the mesh to different do you change anything else? Is your new mesh have different animation blueprint? To me it sound like “Animation Mode” is wrong in your Character Blueprint or in Animation Blueprint the “Default” animation state machine is not connected.

You probably figured it out that day, but for others, I think you want to, when you first import the ‘other’ mesh (for which you would normally import a Skeleton at the same time (and probably did above) but then it is assigned to THAT skeleton and not the Mannequin one!) in this instance, you want to tell it, in the FBX Import panel, to use the Existing Manny Skeleton, THEN when you open the big blueprint, (with Skeleton, Mesh, Animation, Physics etc on the top rows, in the Drop down under mesh should be all the Meshs Assigned to that Skele (ie, your old mesh and your new (now they share animations!)…
Rather than merely 'changing the Static Mesh, this way, you are giving it all the info it needs from the second you import and then it is just all there to be chosen in drop-down menus! :slight_smile:

If you re-import your mesh to assign skeleton, remember the old file might still be there in the actual windows folder, after you delete it in UE4, if you have trouble with it saying files/objects are there that are not! :open_mouth: right click another object in the same folder, say ‘Show location in Explorer’ and be certain your old ‘other’ file isn’t lingering!