I’m having some difficulty deploying the ARKit ARSample project to an iOS device from Unreal 4.17.2 on Windows 10.
- Completed all Apple Developer provisioning steps outlined here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Platforms/iOS/QuickStart/3/index.html
- Set up Xcode 9.1 beta on a Mac Mini
- Set up Remote Build via SSH
- Added my developer certificates to both the Login and System keychains
- Set certificates to ‘Always Trust’
However, development fails with the following message:
PackagingResults: Error: Deployment failed! Failed to sign executable. Make sure your developer certificates have been installed in the System Keychain on the remote Mac.
From what I’ve seen on other posts this is usually due to either not installing the certificates on both keychains, or not setting them to ‘Always Trust’.
I feel like the issue may be with XCode, as the certificates shown under Xcode > Preferences > Accounts > Manage Certificates… do not appear to be the same as the ones I generated through the Apple Developer site.
My questions are:
Do the certificates
- Do the certificates tied to my account in Xcode need to be the same as the ones set in Unreal’s project settings, and the ones on the keychain?
- Have I done things in the correct order, or is it best to set up the certificates on the Mac side, then migrate these across to the Windows PC?
Thanks in advance for any help or clues - my Mac skills are not strong and this is very frustrating!