Ark Modding Tutorials

I may have missed something but a tutorial I would LOVE to watch but cannot seem to find is how to modify an existing dino.

I found one that allows to create a new dino based on an existing one but not one to just modify an existing one.
Like say I want argents to be able to pick up the dimetrodon , how could I do that ? Or maybe I want the ankys to only gather metal and flint but no stones, things like that.

Just got to meet this guy on TS and talked to him over YouTube, very professional and helpful. Good to see someone who is into the game and enjoys helping open the doors for people like myself who is new but need to get our feet wet.

Watch his vids, give ideas and tips to help make this grow!

Thanks man, appreciate the support. Just added a new video on making armors btw :smiley:

please, a video: add a new armor with a new mesh!!!Using Blender for skelet?

Just added a couple more videos!

Awsome man!

A good tutorial would be how to increase stack size for an item like wood for example.

I am currently trying to make my own stack size mod but i can not get it to work.

There are about 50 of those out there… But all you need to do for that is to go into the primalitem file and change the number from 100 or whatever it is to 1000

Yeah i know there is a lot of stack mods but most of them have way too high values for my taste.
There also seems to be more than just changing the stack size. You need to remap it also, as resource and item, at least from what i read online.
I actually got it to work pretty much but somehow my mortar and pestle broke. It doesn`t show sparkpowder, gundpowder and cementing paste recipes anymore. I am currently trying to fix.

Ill see if I can get that out there for you in the next day or two

Thanks man. i actually figured it all out now. I will share some of my findings here so it maybe helps you make a video for others.
For things like Electronics, Sparkpowder, etc. You need to also change the engram to point to your new resource and remap it in “Remap Engrams” in the PrimalGameData.
The Slingshot is a little different. For the Slingshot you have to change the Primalitemweapon, the WeapSlingshot and the Engram Entry, otherwise if you change stone it will not be able to use it.

I still gotta check the jerky but cooking meat works.

Yeah it should all work that way. Just sucks because you essentially have to recreate every item in the game.

Sorry that i haven`T responded in awhile I was quite busy.
It is not too bad to have to create a new engram for the resources that you change (only applies to sparkpowder, gunpowder, cementing paste, electronics and polymer). What sucks to is that it seems like my change to the meat broke the preserving bin. I have been taking a break from modding but I will try to fix that issue.

The other thing that I had an issue with was if i should copy or child a resource. I used child because I heard otherwise they function not for crafting but I am afraid that if they change like teh stack size or weight of the parent resource that it changes mine also.

Update:
I got the Jerky to work. I am not sure though if it is because i mapped the Jerky or because i also created copies of the preserving bin (and corresponding structure, engram and inventory and mapped them also). It works now and that is what is important in my opinion.

Very nice, ! :slight_smile: Keep it up! 33f23d5033c9170df4c30af3b1c6b2efcc8cf8f1.png

Hey ,

Your series so far is the only one I’ve found with consistency for actually teaching other noobs like me how to use the DevKit.

I’ve spoken to a couple of people and was wondering what advice you had about changing the looks of saddles? Some people have said it’s a 3D software job other than UE4, like Blender.

My strength is not in map making or changing tools stats, but I actually have a real excitement for making some kick-*** looking skins/saddles for dinos!

Yeah I believe the best way to make a new saddle would be using an external 3D software. Though I am not extremely familiar with doing 3-D modeling.

I can you make a video to explain how we can access the marketplace content to the dev kit plz ?
i want to know how i can use tools like procedural nature pack from marketplace.
ty

I am brand new in the modding community :D, so a very much thank you for these tutorials you are providing.
I was wondering, how to change how much torpor is applied from different weapons?? I am trying to make a mod that will use different arrows with different torpor applied. Yes I know there is lots of mods doing it, but I want to do it too :smiley:

Now we just need a tutorial of how to make animals for ark xD

Yeah I can definitelyget around to that soon Sgt. Morrigahn. And I really hope to get to that soon MrTroodon.