Ark Dev Kit : Features request [New Procedure 4/11]

And here I am again :D. I have high hopes :smiley:

Being able to edit the base resource requirements variable would be fantastic!
keeps saying it’s out of scope no matter how I pull it.
but yet from this exact spot I can edit almost every other variable in the blueprint

Inventory within Inventory. The ability to store items in something, say a tiny box, and put it in my main inventory. It should take all items in it and the inventory into account for weight.

Would be great to be able to edit the max height above ground across the whole game instead of just individual items

Ability to read whether or not a player can cheat when they use the “enablecheats” command. Currently “Is Player Allowed To Cheat” seems to only read whitelisted admins as being allowed to cheat.

-WM

Server API (not only RCON)
Requests:

• get ALL registered Players Information -> rights, on/offline, banned, last postition etc. (XML/JSON)
  • get Player Information: Online, Banned, position, lvl etc.
  • serverstatus (Version, Players online, Admins online, …)

Can we get a game/server variable to turn off/on walking on wall tops? For normal applications it might make sense if it keeps people from exploiting, but realistically I can walk on the fence around my yard. Its making it an issue for larger structures being added to the game. I am working on a mod that adds some pretty massive walls, and having players hover in the air only to fall to their deaths because its a wall is breaking immersion a little… I’ve tried reparenting the walls to something else and tried making them ‘not a wall’ but that seems to break the code that determines whether or not you’re inside, (little home icon on screen). As a temp fix I’m going to add some floor pieces that can be added to the wall tops to make them walkable but I would love to just turn that functionality off if possible.

What’s the chances of giving us an option in the Cook/Upload widget to have the upload go to a specific mod version we choose? Like being able to create a dev branch of a mod so it can be tested properly on a live server before I upload it to the public version? I’ve got the dev kit for most things but with certain repnotify actions and other replicated events I’d like to be able to test with other people. Or even having upload to a local folder would be great. I tried hunting down the cooked files in the dev kit but they seem to be changed again, after cooking, before upload and are unusable.

That would be lovely!

This is one I am sure all server owners and mod creators can agree on. We need a way to solve the issue for mod updates. When a mod updates it causes the server to be unplayable till the server owner updates the mod giving mod mismatch. I suggest if mod mismatch is found download the version the server is running directly from the server or via archive if possible. I personally get messages from server owners and players complaining when I make an update or changes to my mod due to this issue, on the other hand I get complaints if something needs fixed and don’t do so in a timely manor. So I spend more time dealing with that drama then focusing on my mod as a whole.

Mod blueprint names conflicting fix if mod A names something bench and mod B names their item bench as well its causing conflict and mods are overwriting others items on restart. Example would be you have both mods installed place down a bench from mod A and mod B is higher on the mod list on restart mod B’s item will be where you placed mod A’S Item.

@Electroskellington - I have my server checking every our for changes in the main core and the mods I installed. If there’s a change - it warns the players, then downloads and installs them. It’s all available in the server itself. BUT I do run my own server, not some outside hosted thing (The bonus of having 10MB up and down (That’s 100mb each way for those not savvy in the terms)).

I also do not upload my mod changes but once a week - Tuesdays. Unless there’s some major problem. This way everyone knows when it’s coming. :slight_smile:

Could we have a reference exposed to the player/pawn/controller that placed a structure/object?

This is mainly because while there are variables that provide references to either the owning player or tribe (depending on whether or not they’re in a tribe and/or its governance settings) if you place a structure before and after you join a tribe, each of them will have different values ******** everything up.

It would be preferred to have things like this exposed so they can be handled manually with our own logic, if possible please.

We discovered that while the StructurePlacerBlueprint and PlayerControllerBlueprint have references to the structure being placed, they don’t provide backwards references to the owner and there’s no way to get a reference to the spawned actor from placement due to what I believe is hidden from us. That and replacing either of these would result in a core-data mod just to enable a minor function for a single structure.

-WM

Currently you have a get inventory items array would like to see a set for this to be added. I know there is add new item as well as increment item but the set would allow for exact item array to be saved to an inventory. This would be especially helpful for moving whole inventory’s over to another. Append, Clear, etc on the inventory items array will not function as expected so set is needed.

6c4dcee6d5a9f05d58582d6936d45864.png

Not really a Devkit request, but could we get a Costume slot for dinos that have no saddles? I would have made a costume for Direwolf to give it some armor, but then I found out that they don’t have the costume slot as their inventory parent isn’t the same as for other dinos.

Teleport fix needed for graphs. Currently teleport actor fails if actor behind a wall seems like a line of sight issue if the actor cant see its destination it will not move. To replicate try to teleport a dropped item to a new location with a wall blocking its path, it will update rotation but not location. Seems like its functioning to the same as set actor location. I am not sure if this is limited to dropped items or its the same as teleporting a player pawn would need testing.

Picture below is example of whats happening. Thanks for the help of Max on steam for doing wide testing on this.

https://i.gyazo.com/5bf5923729276a0d8c5bc94fb2b76b69.jpg

Adding working Boss BP’s to the Dev Kit, instead of event-limited (e.g. Fear Evolved, SotF). And if not possible (which I can’t see why) a guide where is explained how to make them “working” in a modded non-event dedi-server.

A clean way to modify( remove items) from player inventories that leaves the core files alone. I’m trying to make a vendor that takes items away when primal items are picked to be sold. Wish to keep my mod as clean as possible.

Falls under the same category as Samsons requests: A way to replicate from a custom UI to the server-side without touching core files(PlayerController/Pawn). Might be simliar to what you did for the MultiUse Wheel. This would open up a lot of possibilities for modders to work with UIs.

I would like to allocate more space for backups, I find myself in more blueprint interface corruptions then I like to be in, a longer range of backups would be most helpful.

The aim-offset fixed when using/creating a custom creature (instead of looking like a bugged mutant), or using a work-a-round…