Ark Dev Kit : Features request [New Procedure 4/11]

it would prob take to much to convert so i doubt it will ever be updated

They use a custom version of unreal engine based on 4.5. they can add any features they want from newer versions :slight_smile:

And again i think it’s low priority and in my opinion i see no point updating to 4.9 currently.

Same custom version can be upgraded with new versions of UE, only add more features and the content can be better. The upgrade is created by Unreal, they only need upgrade his Custom Version with new content. Is my opinion

My previously suggested items…

To summarize;
AdditionalItemList - Here we can place our BPs and be able to spawn them in the game with ‘GiveItemNum’, as well as being able to specify our starting number.

• E.g. We set starting number at 1,000. Then to spawn in our first item; cheat giveitemnum 1000 1 0 false et c
  • This would allow modders the room to add in items without fear of losing them on the next patch update.

Ability to create our own AdminCommands.
I really don’t care how they do this, but we need a lot more commands.

Combat/Battle/Player Logs.
The ability to log out all combat in the game.

• E.g. Player 1 <TRIBE> attacked Player 2 <TRIBE> with <item, quality> at <[date], time>
  • E.g. Player 1 <TRIBE> attached Dino <name, tribe> with <item, quality> at <[date], time>
    Perhaps even give us unlimited scope to adjust this as we sit fit… IE a BP class that the PrimalData links to.
    Then within that we can add all the different variables into a logging string we see fit;
  • E.g. Attacking Player/Dino/Turret, Attacked Player Player/Dino/Turret, Date and Time, Online Status, Weapon, Tribe, Location, Login/Logoff Date - Time et c

Overhaul of the item system (it is totally *** backwards).
There is no need for multiple item files (eg Longneck, assault rifle) when you can have attachment points. Same thing goes for ammo types.

• E.g. Weapons should have a single field for ammo: Can Accept Ammo Class: <specify parent class> - None of this **** the way it is setup now.
    Crop plots should not get their plant location information from the seed. The seed should just dictate growth rates, meshes et c, the Crop Plot itself should dictate where the plant mesh is located and spawned in at.

The ability to create Parent Class information… For example, Material types; Stone, Wood, Metal (not talking about the resource files, but the parent material type for dictating sounds and interactivity)

FIX THE **** EXPLOSIVE MULTIPLIER TO STONE ALREADY!

The ability to Rotate Placeable game objects with the scroll wheel of your mouse or via key presses.

And here is major additional overhaul requirement.
Redesign all your Structure meshes! There is ZERO need to have a single wall element be in the area of 3,400 Tri’s! That is just stupid.
Bake out that detail into a Norm/Parallax map or something ffs.
If you absolutely want that, make it only load in under an ‘INSANE’ graphics option.
You can reduce a wall element down to 12 Tri’s with a very decent normal or parallax texture. How many more can you fit on the screen with that kind of reduction? 283!!!

There are a lot more… but lets see them tackle some of this first before I get into the other stuff.

.: ETA :.
Really simple one;
When adding items to Item lists for loot spawns or default inventories… Would be awesome if we could Specify QUANTITY.
Instead of having to add the item over and over to get the specified number.
Gets a little stupid if you need more than 10 of the same item.

i want the option to modify the ingame messages like the level up message or when items are added to the inventory,its easier for me and the other people of the translation community because at the moment we cant translate all things,we work on the german translation an 90% of the files that we can modify are translated. and i think its a good thing for the devs when we the community can help to to the translation we already startet with it, and with our translations we help the devs cause they dont need to put so much work in the translations in the future cause we do this ,and we want nothing for that, we do that because we love their game and want to help the devs and the other players, cause its easier to play a game in the own language, our translation has already nearly 2000 players they are use the translation,and some server use the tc of course, and the palyers are so happy for that. i think its a failure from the devs to set translation to low priority…

1. A request that is equal parts toward the editor and the game itself: add some way to introduce structure-based recipes without them having to be learned through the engram list or being set to craft automatically (where the recipe is invisible).

2. A small problem, but the “additional structure engrams” list is a bit redundant since editing the inventory defaults for the structure and adding things to that list causes recipes to appear twice. Why not have the “additional” list instead do the suggestion above? Engrams that are visible without the player having to learn them.

Not sure if this fit on here, but i feel we lack a massive amount of support, and it really applies for when people are stuck I see so many unanswered questions, can we not get a dev or someone to come on every 1-3 days sweep these forums and help people with what they are stuck with / give guidance / advice?

Moving ‘NPCRandomSpawnClassWeights’ from the world settings and into the primal game data so mods can make use of it.

Debug draw for snap points, or some kind of way to visually edit snap points as components in the structure editor window.

Add ‘scale’ option to each snap point.

Better tool tips/documentation on all structure and snap point options, for example, ‘is floor’ actually makes it a roof that blocks rain and gives indoor buff.

An explanation on how to read crash reports, currently I just pick a random word from the top and check if I modified it. Hit or miss but a proper method would help.

Ingame translation is not really a priority… OK
But is there a way to have proper/cleaned version of all published/Introduced Dino dossiers ? Clean them is a huge work…

Thank you.

@samus35 hm i think there are no clean version of the dossiers but i use corel paint shop and with the make up tool its fast an easy to remove the letters :slight_smile:

Dev must have them.
The game must be translated one day so, the dossiers must be “ready” to be translated one day.

I’m a bit surprised they are not already in the gamedata. I thinked that dossiers was “cleaned” version with drawings more one layer, like transparent PNG, with english text. Doing so would have been cleaner than making a complete file for each language, no ?

If you want to share your clean work, i’m interested !

The only i have is the Direwolf.

Samus when i have time i will upload the clean version for you.Each of them are around 10mb.In what Language are you making the translation?

Thank you very much !
If you want, you can share them via dropbox (it will be more easy for you maybe)
It’s for French. If you want my direwolf…

suggestion: we need a button in the editor that takes a screeenshot and then lets you take some notes on it and post it to a thread in these forums with our username in just a click.

i know you can print screen, open paint, make notes, upload to external pic host and post link to thread, but most of the time you just post some keywords and hope that another forum member know what you are talking about, some experienced members allready do all this work manually and those are the most usefull posts

Nothing against that but I want to take this request to share a program some people here recommended to me: https://gyazo.com/ I have never seen an easier way to share pictures or gifs. That in combination with Screen Capture Software | Snagit | TechSmith offers you all you need, but you are right. An built in tool would be neat!

i didnt know about these tools, they look very usefull and interesting, may be the only thing we need then is just a sticky note with this info and some directions about how to ask for help, or answer in the forums with a link to these tools

All of this is what ACTUALLY needs happening yet seems to be ignored constantly.

Could I ask for somehow extending the support for TC mods? It’s super convenient that you can edit the core files w/o making copies or children or doing annoying remaps. It really is!

But it’s also kind of pointless since you have to move them back and forth every update, it’s impossible to revert to a default value if you didn’t write it down somewhere and every update, you have to double-check every file you edited with the new ones so you can keep the changes you want without missing an important update that adds new features and/or fixes an old issue. It’s a ******* pain in the *** that makes me want to give up.

Or at least a smaller thing of the sort. In addition to “additional” stuff in the PrimalGameData, could we have a few fields for removing stuff? For example, I want to move the platform saddles from the anvil bench to the fabricator - but the only way to remove recipes is to edit the inventory itself. Which means I have to do it every single update, checking that I not only add all the items I want/need, but also don’t miss anything new by accident.

And another one. Please let child assets not be forced to use inherited components, or at least have the option for overriding them!