Are there any plans to add the FluidSurfaceActor back?

Check out FluidSurface Plugin

I have been adapting the UE2 fluid surface actor code to UE4 and changed it from a CPU solution to a GPU one. It contains basic rigid body interaction, as well as hit response with custom particle effects. It has a limited size which is currently 4096x4096 cells (Which is quite large)

There is also VaOcean Plugin

If you are after more of an ocean simulator. There is no rigid body interaction on that one yet, but apparently ufna has plans to implement such a feature. Watch that space.

Well, the title kinda says it all. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one here who thinks the fluid surface actor was a very useful tool for adding massive amounts of realism to different scenes, especially ponds and lakes. Though I know it’s possible to create some very cool-looking effects with vertex shaders, it will still be a non-interactive simulation, not to mention the automatic LOD support of the fluid surface. Is the fluid surface actor gone for good, or will it be added at a later time?

Thanks, I’ll take a look into those :slight_smile: meanwhile, I’m leaving the question open in hopes of an “official” answer.

There are no plans to bring back the FluidSurfaceActor in the near future. Good to know it would be useful.