ARCore/ARKit SDK Updates

Thanks for the update. I was able to get the face geometry showing using the Handheld AR template as a starting point. Just involved changing the tracking mode at start to Face and then adding a FaceMesh component. The settings for that were a bit tricky but it is working now.

Currently seeing if we can pipe in the directional light info through the code like it is doing with the Ambient.

I haven’t been on this thread is a while and I’ve missed out on a lot of great info! Thanks to everyone posting, especially those from Google and Epic. I’m really excited about the added features and fixes coming in 4.19 for ARCore. I have yet to dive into ARKit yet but the plane detection and lighting changes are something I’ve been really wanting!

Further update on my progress. I now have Primary Light direction and intensity coming from ARKit into the scene with the face mesh component. Works great and is really responsive. Working now on bringing the SH secondary lighting over. If anyone has done customization of the baked SH light probes in Unreal, let me know since I am not sure how similar the values are to the ones UE4 wants.

For the directional light, I just had to convert the coordinate system of the light direction to unreal.

[USER=“14973”]Chance Ivey[/USER] I can only see a Blueprint version. Is C++ going to be available ?

We’ve talked about it but nothing currently in the works. If there’s a growing need for it, we’ll revisit!

On that note, the whole BP Function Library for the AR API is available in C++, so you can see what those calls look like directly in the code.

Hi Chance,

Any possibility ARCore 1.0 can be integrated in to 4.19??

Since Google did a full release of ARCore 1.0 last friday, will we be able to see it brought into the full release of 4.19? Any chance of vertical plane detection as well since ARKit 1.5 and ARCore 1.0 now support it naively?

+1 for ARCore 1.0 support in 4.19! :slight_smile:

Hello

Will ARKit 1.5 support in 4.19 ? With wall detection and tracker recognition ?

Would be great

Also interested in knowing whether ARKit 1.5/ARCore 1.0 support will be in 4.19. I want to start on an AR app that I’ve been thinking of for a while, but the idea behind it requires vertical plane support. Would be awesome if a staff member could chime in!

Any solution on scaling the whole level or sub-level on ARKit/ARCore in 4.19? Sample blueprint just spawned geometries that were already scaled by 0.1.

I got small request for image-based tracking (logo) project animation in AR for either iOS or Android, can I expect image-based tracking option in 4.19? Does anybody hear anything about it?

Hey :

Thanks for the feedback on what you are able to do so far. Can you also explain what settings were tricky and where you added the face mesh component?

Thanks!

I have updated (automatically) from Android7 to Android8 on my Samsung S8 and since then I’m not able to run applications from Unreal Engine, even older versions that I made in 4.17 (and 4.18.3). As I understood there is no support of ARCore in Android 8 on every phone, only way is to revert your phone back to Android7 which I have to do now with lossing all data and installing it over again.

Has anyone had luck occluding other 3D meshes using the ARkit face mesh that can be generated?

I’ve notice the Google AR Core download is only for a very small selection of devices. Any Idea on how to utilize the UE4 AR Template with out using the Google ARCore?

[USER=“14973”]Chance Ivey[/USER] if you could chime in and enlighten us how AR implementation is going, I guess both ARKit and ARCore. I’m doing R&D as far as ARKit is concerned however it seems that the ARKit integration is quite basic. Can’t seem to track based on points, only horizontal plane, the tracking is clunky. Can’t find any kind of docs on the topic. Things like scaling the camera/world, visualizing plane/points detected etc. would be great to have explained a little bit more.