ArchViz / Lighting

I’m not gonna make a bigger project with all of these, it’s just some tests :slight_smile:

Have you changed r.LightPropagationVolume=1
Nope

*What kind of lightmap resolution are you using? *
512 for the floor

I’ve never worked with software, I´m architect. To achieve a satisfactory result, the learning curve is long?
Hmmm, hard to say, it depends on lots of things … try and you will see :slight_smile:

And a new video … a cube and some trees :slight_smile:

holy ****, i love it :smiley:

I’m speechless. @******, the realism is very strong with these.
Plain REAL stuff you got there!

Great work and lots of good info here, thanks for . Hope to see more of your work soon :slight_smile: also out of curiosity what are the grass meshes you are using? are they from the speedtree library?

What incredible work, ! Really amazing stuff, you are showing us here.

I got a few questions, if you don’t mind:

How is your reflector outside setup to actually influence the interior lighting? I tried to recreate your setup without any actual luck. I used a plane with a full white, highly specular material and pointed a spotlight on it, so that it was very brightly lit. After running lightmass, it actually had no real effect on my inside scene at all. I even tried an emissive material. Do i miss some point here? The only way i found to get planes to influence indirect lighting is, by using LPV realtime-GI, which you aren’t using, as you said.
Can you elaborate a little more on your light-setup? What material has the reflector, how is the spotlight setup?

The second thing, i’m really curious about is your lightmap-uvs. Do you create them by hand? Or do you use flatiron or something alike?

Thanks for sharing all your work.
Keep it up. I am totally curious to see more of it!

@Tom_LeFx Did you set your plane as a static mesh? It needs to be static in order to be used for baking the lightmaps. I simply generated a plane in blender, imported in UE and assigned a very simple white material and it worked (though you need to tweak the various values for your scene to get a good result).
The spot, as noted above, should not use inverse square falloff if you are using the values provided by :
> “16 for the spots? So you are NOT using inverse square falloff?”
> Oops forgot to mention that ! I’m not using inverse square fallof for the spots (and the light fallof is set to 0.0001).

Please, put your work on Marketplace. I’ll pay to learn about your lightning setup. The world needs better light in gaming! :wink:

Thanks ,
I “will see” soon :slight_smile:

Great video, in your new share, too.

One day you are at Luxigon :slight_smile:

Any you could share with us a test scene that reproduces the texture streaming? Ideally we’d fix the code so you don’t have to work around it via content – especially as disabling texture streaming is a very heavy handed hack :slight_smile:

Very impressive, man! Congrats!
I love the grass of the Cube video, did you get create it in SpeedTree also?

what are the grass meshes you are using?
did you get create it in SpeedTree also?

Yep, done in speedtree (it’s just some random quads). The movement was done in shader (like Nature Environment in UE4 - Asset Creation - Epic Developer Community Forums)

How is your reflector outside setup to actually influence the interior lighting? I tried to recreate your setup without any actual luck. I used a plane with a full white, highly specular material and pointed a spotlight on it, so that it was very brightly lit. After running lightmass, it actually had no real effect on my inside scene at all. I even tried an emissive material. Do i miss some point here? The only way i found to get planes to influence indirect lighting is, by using LPV realtime-GI, which you aren’t using, as you said.

Mmm, it should be working … Checks if your plane and your spot are static. You can uncheck “Cast Shadow” on the spot too.

Any you could share with us a test scene that reproduces the texture streaming?

It’s really simple : Create a tree with speetree, import in a new ue4 scene, zoom in/out … weird textures :slight_smile: (not tested in v4.4)

I’m testing the new “capsule-shaped point lights” with lightmass right now. Pretty cool new :slight_smile:

http://tof.canardpc.com/preview2/71d2a948-b11a-4d05-b1bf-76769100f219.jpg

Beautiful! I love the lighting! :smiley:

Hop ! A new video in the “tube light” scene :wink:

wow, Very impressive, man! Congrats!

Excellent work mate.

Check your PM’s :slight_smile:

I am new to game engines, so the question, is that video was rendered real time? If not, time per frame please.

ps nice renders by the way

That was also my thought when I saw . Simply amazing.

, you are the man! congrats, great video! getting better at every new post, everything simple and beautiful
Where do you get your textures and materials? Any website in particular?
Do you have links to other works you did before in architectural rendering?

Impressive work , is why I got hooked to UE4, and I can imagine how experience can be with gagdets like Oculus Rift.

And thanks for sharing your setup.

Very impressive… how long did you work on the different scenes (the 4 videos)?