Arc Material Help

[This thread][1] discusses how to make a sector of a circle in a material for a decal. I have 3 questions:

1. I have no idea how the material (the one I used is the last one in the green) works, but if someone were to explain it I could probably figure out the answers to my other questions

2. How do I change the radius of the circle?

3. How do I give the arc a border, so it looks more like in brawlstars?

This is the ideal effect I want, with a variable angle, color, and radius:

334248-decalv0.jpg

first, create a material and set up it for a decal.

334250-dset.jpg

now make a gray mask for your decal in photoshop or paint(I used paint :smiley: ) or … . you must use black for the part you want to be invisible and white for the other part and if you use between black and white you can achieve that border effect.

now connect that image to Opacity in material and you have what you need. just make sure your decal touches the ground!

now go to your character and go to “Add Component” and select decal and set up transform of decal

now if you want to make your decal bigger just change scale in transform and you have it

Thank you! This was actually one of the first ideas that occurred to me, but the problem is that I just make one image for one aiming thing, and scaling it makes it look stretched and weird. (Plus, any imperfections are very noticeable.) I was hoping for something that used the arc-stuff from the thread I linked, with some after-arc-is-calculated opacity changes.

so use an RGB mask and lerp them for quality

an RGB mask?