AR with oculus quest 2

Hello,
I am trying to create an AR application with the oculus quest 2, something similar to the Passthrough that comes in the Home, where you see the interface above the real world captured by the cameras.

(Image of Oculus Passthrough)

The problem is that I don’t know how to capture the oculus cameras to show it in the scene. I don’t see any example or video where it is explained, although I understand that this should be possible.

I have tried the AR example that comes with the example template in Unreal but it does not work with the quest 2, although I do not know if it should work.

Can someone give me some indication of what I should do?

Thanks in advance.

i am searching all over the internet for this asnwer. It seems that they dont allow yet the public to develop apps that can access the passthrough. Only a few developers have access to that at the moment, unfortunately. But maybe someone has an answer for this.

Any info on this? I am really interested and it’s really frustrating how little info there is out there.

Thanks!

Hello Rostopovich,

The Oculus Docs would be the best place to get started.

It looks like all you need is the Meta XR plugin. (As opposed to before where you’d need to compile the Oculus Branch of UE)

Hi, if you found a way can you please share it here, it would be a great help. I just started learning on unreal and its pretty hard to find any good material for AR development in unreal with quest.