AR - Error Message with Augmented Reality Plugins

Hey guys, I am developing a project destined to be deployed on mobile devices.

I am currently having an issue with Unreal 5.1 displaying the following message:

“Attempting to start an AR session but there is no AR plugin configured. To use AR, enable the proper AR plugin in the Plugin Settings.”

I dont understand why this issue is happening as I believe I have all the neccessary Plugins enabled, as per this image:

Would anyone be able to explain what im doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Is this when you are testing in PIE on your Windows/Mac computer?

If so, it’s because the AR plugins only work on the mobile devices. i.e. on an iOS or Android phone or tablet. When you test on one of those device then the message will not be there.

-e

Hey TTF_eric1, thanks for the reply.

I was testing using the Simulate option in Unreal, but after I read your reply, i started testing using both Mobile Preview ES3.1 (PIE) and also the New Editor Window (PIE).

I also installed ARCore Elements and ARCore Depth Lab on my Google Pixel 5, thinking that might have been the issue.

The error message still happens unfortunately.

I think all of those modes are still attempting to run the project on your computer.

For me, doing iOS AR dev, I need to “Package Project” and then move that packaged IPA file onto my iPhone.

Maybe things work a bit differently for Android, IDK.

-e

Ok I think I figured some things out regarding the issue.

I made a couple of blank projects, one using 5.0.3 and one using 5.1.

When trying to package the 5.0.3 project this error message came up

“The SDK for Android is not installed properly, which is needed to generate data. Check the SDK section of the Launch On menu in the main toolbar to update SDK”

I jus pressed continue and the project packaged successfully, and I can run it on my Pixel 5 aswell.

When trying to package in 5.1, the error message did not appear, however this issue appeared:

LogPlayLevel: Error: UAT: ld.lld: error: undefined symbol: __aarch64_cas4_acq_rel

I dont know what this issue is, but the fact is happened in a blank project leads me to believe that its an issue with 5.1, and not with my project.

Hi guys, still working on the project, and I can consistently launch it to my phone (Google Pixel 5).

Unfortunately, now I have another issue.

I have my main blueprint, called “BP_Lung”, that basically controls everything else such as causing a button widget to be added to the viewport and setting the game paused/unpaused etc.

Using a Spawn Actor node inside the MainMenu Widget, (this comes with the AR template) I have got BP_Lung to appear on the phone, but none of the widgets inside BP_Lung work.

I have got them to spawn by just using a Create Widget node (again, inside MainMenu) but none of the functionality works.

For example I have a Timer widget that appears. but it doesnt count down. I also have a couple of buttons that appear at the side of the screen, but when I press them nothing happens.

Could anyone help me?

Nevermind, it turns out that the Spawn Actor node had to be connected to the Custom Event via the Return Value.

I was previously connecting it via promoting the Target from the node that fired the Custom Event.