April #UE4JAM Submission Thread

Here is my entry, V.R. 2000

Download Link

*V.R. 2000 is a Retro Satire Action Game, mocking the early days of Virtual Reality. *

The year is 1993. The technology is there. Your body just isn’t ready. Collect all the coins and free yourself from Vomitland.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL VR GAME. It hacks the 2 Players split-screens to fake “VR”. And it worked out well!

Recorded on Twitch

Link: https://.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0Bwkk9IIFWMFbWkZUbmJfeFdFcEE

Team name: Alderbit
Team members: Downey
Submission name: Alderbit_ChronoHoops

Description
In Chrono Hoops you travel into the future to position your basketball hoop where it will catch the balls you launch later (or is it earlier?). When a ball rolls over a tile marked with a letter, press that key to knock it into the air. Continue making baskets to keep your ball count high. If you run out the game is over!

Controls
Move hoop: Left/Right arrow
Hoop turbo speed: Hold Shift
Activate Letter tiles: Keyboard keys

Sourced Assets
Sound effects are from youtube audio library (free license)
Various textures are from starter content

Title: The Snow Must Go! **

>>Download <<:](https://.google.com/file/d/0B-1ZOgQjs80OT2dheXp0cGJ0dWM/view?usp=sharing)

**Team Name: ** Timer Games
Team Members: **Timskijwalker (van Kan)
Mirrol (Merel van der Wal)

We have each been working for 38 hours and it was a hell of a ride. got to improve on a lot of skills and I am really really proud of our results.

**The game: ** The game takes place in a distant future. The place where you live doesn’t get any sun because the sun got stuck.
Time to travel to the sun and make sure your area can go from winter to spring again.

Walk around with: WASD
Sprint with: shift
Jump/DoubleJump: Spacebar
Shout with: E (Later in the game)

We hope you have a fun time in our game.

**More images:
A quick video: (Only showing the intro)

Race to the Future by Shadow Ninja Games

Download http://www.dropbox.com/s/4wyl7p4zu5plsa7/ShadowNinjaGames_RaceToTheFuture.rar?oref=e&n=146615810

Race to the Future by Shadow Ninja Games
Team member(s): ShadowNinja23

through time and save the future!

Sourced Assets come from the Open World Demo, Infinity Blade: Grass Lands, and an edited car I got from tf3dm.com

Download Link: HERE](https://.google.com/file/d/0B3o8qNQWrp_FTU1OZnFGMXlTSHM/view?usp=sharing)
Team: Crackpot Gumption
Team Members: jwainwright
Game Name: CrackpotGumption_Generations

Description:

Help Unreal Man navigate through the annals of time and into the future. Find the temporal springs, and step on them to be thrust forward in time!

Controls:**

WASD and space bar. Some mouse interaction in the later generations.

**Tips:
If you are stuck on a puzzle, some plumber brothers may have seen it before…

Comments:**

Thank you for trying out my game! I had more plans for it (at least another generation plus some narrative pieces) but time, they say, gets the better of us all.

It is a complete game, however, and I hope you enjoy all seven levels!

Attribution:**

I decided to make almost everything this time around. There is some default/starter content in the later levels, and the background music is all sourced from Kevin Macleod at incomptech.com (full attribution can be found in the attribution file in the ZIP). Everything else was made by me (including all 2d assets).

Late update!
Due to finding out that the game is quite difficult/frustrating, I did a full play through you guys are welcome to watch instead. 10 minutes, 7 deaths :slight_smile:

Game Name: LEAP
Team Name: Bananabread

Members: Kodi Mynatt, Rodrigo Marques Ferreira, DavidA3D, Sy, Jens Roth

LEAP Industries is testing people with a special gift, do you have what it takes?

T for timewarp, leftclick to pick up items

Download: Bananbread-LEAP.zip - Google Drive

**LINK : ** DOWNLOAD

**TITLE: Trials of Parcae **

**TEAM NAME : ** Inclement Games

**TEAM MEMBERS : **

**The Game : ** You play as Parcae, a warrior with the ability to see several seconds into the future. Parcae is thrust into a deadly gauntlet and needs to find his way out using his strength and special abilities.

**Quick Note : ** Only found out about Game Jam on the 16th of April so this is our first submission and we started a bit late so didn’t have time for much testing. Apologies if you run into bugs. Also the game is ridiculously hard, and the obvious path is not always the path, (remember, you can jump).

Was told the Dropbox link wasn’t working, so here are two alternatives.
Direct download
Windows, 32bit
Windows, 64bit
These two had to be compiled After the deadline, since I didn’t keep a copy of the original once I had uploaded it - they contain the corrected typo / missing instruction in the intro but are otherwise identical

At DropBox (win64)

Team Name : Cloth Cap Games
Team Members : just me, Looniper

Name of Submission : CCG_BouncingBack

CONTROLS
B : Begin Play (skip introduction)
Left/Right : Lean the spring
Down : Compress the spring
Up : Launches the spring if it is compressed
Mouse-wheel : Zooms the camera

(F11 or Right Trigger to toggle full-screen)
Most normal inputs work.
ASDW, Arrow keys, Numpad keys, and Gamepad

Bounce your way back from the stone age.

2Games Studios submission: Time Rider!

your warpdrive vehicle through paths in time, avoid falling off the track and dodge the oppressive anti time travel signs! The passing of time still applies here, and as such the path behind you is collapsing! How long can you survive?

Here’s a timelapse of some of the development.

Download Links: 64-bit, 32-bit
Team name: Shotgun Clown
List of team members: Hannah Gamiel, Blake Bjerke, Karl Johnson, Jason Calvert, Perez
Name of your submission: ShotgunClown_SpringForward
Sourced Materials: Everything was original or from Epic startup packs except for:

Description: It’s that time of the year again: Daylight savings time! In fact, daylight savings time every year is such a significant day to you, that it’s all you can ever remember. Get a family, watch them grow up, and continue to see your stylish home get more and more stylish over the years – all while setting your clocks forward by a mere hour. Be careful, though… it would be shameful to be in such a hurry to set those clocks forward that you run into things and break them. It is very important to you that you do not feel shamed in front of your family!

You have until midnight to find all of the clocks in your home and make sure they’re set – before it’s too late. Click on a clock to set it forward in time. Once you have all of the clocks set, you advance to the next round and spring forward to the next daylight savings time that you remember in your life. Avoid running into furniture or your family. Clocks can be on the wall, furniture, or floor in your house.

Controls: Use WASD to move forward, left, right, and back. Use LMB to click on clocks and objects. EDIT: Forgot to mention that Left CTRL crouches, and space bar can be used for jumping.

Zombie Escaper 20XX

Zombie Escaper 20XX

Entry by VoBa, consisting of
VovinHD and DocClack.

Spring! Into The Future

http://soundorganicmatter.com/Snap0001.png

Local Multiplayer Coop - Needs two controllers or keyboard/ controller
Description: One player is in the past, the other in the future. Collect enough energy to open the portal to the next future era. Don’t cause paradox situations and play together!

Download: Link

Team Name: Aesir Codes
Project Name: Spring! Into the Future

Members

• imbakeks
  • Antler

Submission
AesirCodes_SpringIntoTheFuture

3rd Party Assets

Controls (Keyboard, Xbox One Controller)

• Walk: WASD, Left Stick
  • Jump: Space Bar, A
  • Use: E, X
  • Menu: Escape, Special Right
  • Restart: Backspace, Special Left

Bomb-Bastic!

Download Link: https://.google.com/file/d/0B-9ZoVGDkdEiQUQ4WjFldGVqV2M/view?usp=sharing

Team Name: Jamming Games
Team Members: Ed Dearien, Bill Hood, Kevin Kim, Tucker Paxton, Mai Yang
Name of your submission: JammingGames_Bombbastic

Local Multiplayer 1 vs. 1 game!

Spring into action! Fight for the future as the Eco-Terrorists take on the Scientists in the most epic battle for reality the world has ever seen! This game is a 1 VS 1 game, where each player must lob a time-bomb to blow up the other player’s reality to substitute their own! Will the Eco-Terrorists claim victory? Or will the Scientists reign supreme? Play to find out!

All assets created by us for this game jam unless otherwise stated in the credits.

CLICKSPRING

Download: https://.google.com/file/d/0B1CYTu78x5Z0eUZLanVMSldZUEk/view?usp=sharing
Team Name: DigiBotts
Team Member(s): Bottomley
Submission: digibotts_clickspring

Instructions:

This is a local multiplayer game that supports 2-4 players. There are 8 control options- 4 on the keyboard and 4 controllers, any combination of these can be used. Be sure to set each player’s controls on the play screen.

In Clickspring you can only move by jumping- hit jump (up or gamepad A) as you contact the ground and you’ll jump higher. The aim of the game is to jump over your opponents and use your downwards slam (down or X on gamepad) to smash them!

EDIT Updated with some minor fixes.

Team name: TrustAndLove
List of team members: Ninjin, Owninator
Name of your submission: FutureSurf
Sourced Materials: Everything except Sound is made by us
Sound by Bensound.com
Download: https://.google.com/open?id=0BxK29vfJvhdoQlJISHc3U2paUzA

How to play: Move with wasd or Left Thumbstick, Jump with Space or Face Bottom Button (A on XBOX Controller), mouse to move your cursor :3

Spring 2066

Team: Boysenberry
Members: Jack
Submission Name: Boysenberry_Spring2066
Download Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38469/Boysenberry_Spring2066.7z

This is a VR only game, and requires a Vive to play.

In the Spring of 2066, robots finally stole every last job. Except one. You are the last employed human and robots are coming to steal your job. If they can sort more packages than you, you’re fired. How long can you hold the last remaining job on earth?

To play the game, sort the colored packages into the correctly colored receptacle. Don’t let the robots steal the packages. Shoot them on sight.

https://.google.com/open?id=0B3W_540wXT5aUkpuOU8xdG8wZmM

Game Name: Grasshopper
Team Name: Neon Newt
Team Members: Landry

Hold down “space” to adjust jump power. Press “p” to pause.

Goal: Jump over the rocks to get to the end.

Team: Woeavatar
Members: woeavatar
Game: Platforming into the future
link: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

A platform game about evolution and tradition, if the dungeon is passed too quickly the difficulty increases, if the enemies are killed they are then considered endangered species, your decendency is the one that suffers

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/t31.0-8/12983913_10153564262455060_2608614273393922687_o.jpg

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/t31.0-8/13041076_10153564262465060_4395126007859720993_o.jpg

Download Links: Fixed 64 bit | Original 64 bit
*The fixed version is the most up to date version. We submitted this version after the jam ended to lower the volume on sound effects. (Save the speakers!)
Team name: Brogrammers
List of team members: Matthew Bounds (Programmer / Designer), Brandon Wilson (Programmer / Designer)
Name of your submission: Brogrammers_IJustWannaGoHome
Content: We included the UE4 started content and the marketplace content listed below (all other assets were original content):

• Infinity Blade: Ice Lands
  • Infinity Blade: Grass Lands
  • Impacts
  • Realistic Rendering
  • KYmagicFX05
  • FT Magic Circle Pack 01
  • Shooter Game
  • Scifi Hallway
  • Game Music Mega Pack

Description: You have awoken to a mysterious portal in your living room, which has made you stuck far in the past and future! Using similar portals, you can travel far into the cold past and bright and sunny future. With this power, and several tools you uncover throughout both time zones, you just might be able to make it back home in time for a nap!

Controls: WASD or right thumb-stick to move
Mouse or left thumb-stick to look around
Scroll, D-Pad Left/Right or 1-4 keys to select your ability (if unlocked)
Spacebar or Bottom Face Button to jump
LMB or right trigger to use your selected ability
Escape or Start button to pause the game and restart the level or quit the game

How to play: Get to each purple portal to go to the next level. Use each blue and orange portal to travel between winter and spring, which alters the level and allows you to progress. In addition, you must use all of your abilities to alter your surroundings to beat each level! Each ability is listed below:

• Earth: use to spawn platforms in certain locations.
  • Fire: use to destroy weaker terrain, such as ice and plant life.
  • Water: shoot certain areas such as mini blizzards or seeds to spawn bridges.
  • Air: Use to push / levitate boulders.

Team name: Enter studio
Team member: Marius Irgens
Name of submission: Spring into the future!

Sourced materials:
Cat model - Blend Swap | Lowpoly Siamese Cat
Jet engine - Blend Swap | Jet Engine
FX Alpha Textures from Epic markedplace
Stylized Low Poly Environment from Epic Markedplace
Pro Sound Collection from markedplace
Intro music by myself

When I was a kid, my absolute favourite game was Track and Field on the Commodore 64. Not a lot of fun to play on your own, but a hell of a game in 2 player mode. I learned to open and repair my joysticks because of that game.
This game is a homage to that game.

This game is 2 player mode only, with 2 gamepads. Preferably xbox controllers.
Instructions in game.
This is the first game I ever made! :smiley:

Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mo474vx51q86j4y/Enter%20Studio%20-%20Spring%20into%20the%20Future!.rar?dl=0