Apply foliage to grid?

Is there a way to use the foliage tool to cover a surface with trees but on a locked position? So x can be just 1.0, 2.0 or 1.5, 3.0, 4.5 …etc and y axes also the same (for a cartoon mobile game for example)
I’m interested in harder methods also. It’s really important for our project.
(I don’t want to place so many trees one by one :D)

Hey, i used the construction script to lock the position of my foliage actor. Unfortunately it only works after placing the foliage (without lock) and then hit compile on the actors construction script. This has some downsides tho:

1. You cannot place the foliage directly with a locked position
  2. Maybe there will be two (or more) foliage actors on the same position

Does someone has a better solution?

The foliage actor being locked vs movable or not has nothing to do with, well, pretty much anything.

You only have multiple foliage actors in world composition, and even then, only when you went in and set the foliage up into individual levels.

To place instances at set intervals, you’d have to create a batch system with world locations based on the level tile you are working in at the moment.
Its definitely possible. It’s not even that complicated as it can be done in blueprint… But it requires a bit of understanding on how the engine and foliage works.

Using the construction script on foliage also sounds like a bad idea.
Construction can trigger any time an instance is added/changed/removed.

You are probably right. Using the construction script was more like a “band aid”.
Do you have any tutorial/approach for your batch system idea? Sounds pretty promising

Not really.
Make a bluerpint actor, add a variable of the foliage type.
Drag it in the level and drop select foliage.
If you cant find the foliage you picked the wrong variable type.

Once you find the correct one, you can then select the foliage and perform almost any add/remove operarions as you see fit.

Inatances work by index, so adding them in is trivial. Removing a spcific one requires a collider and hit information.