ANYONE KNOW HOW ? I could do this with a metahuman

Im trying to make a meta human head / eyes follow and track a player in Realtime. Now I can do this with brute force drive of the bones, but it lacks the nice additional blenshapes of the eyelids.
So I want to know how I could access this eye aim control in a anim BP and set its world location. been asking this for months without a single answer :frowning:

2 Likes

You can easily access the Control Rig controls inside the AnimBP.
In the AnimBP add a Control Rig node, set it to the Face_ControlBoard_CtrlRig.
Then in the details panel, below the input, type eyes.
Youā€™ll see the CTRL_C_eyesAim input available, just flag the ā€œUse Pinā€ and you have the data available as an input in the Control Rig node.
From there you can control it via the AnimBP or by BP.

2 Likes

Firstly Thanks for the answer.
I actually tried this , while this project is still in UE4 but nothing pops up in the input value.

I Wonder if this in an issue with UE4 and I should just upgrade the project to see those pins

1 Like

The setup works in UE5, I know that UE4 version is behind and most likely wonā€™t be updated, but here is a solution:
You can set the CTRL_C_eyesAim to be driven by a variable, so do the following

1. Create a variable ( Under the MyBlueprint tab, call it CTRL_C_eyesAim ) and set it to editable ( eye icon ), then set the control CTRL_C_eyesAim to be driven by the variable
  2. In the AnimBP, assign the ControlRig Face_Board, and in the inputs you will see the CTRL_C_eyesAim variable, which will drive the control inside the Control Rig

4 Likes

AWESOME !
I Have been after a solution to this for a while , huge thanks my Reality Friend :wink:
I will load up a UE5 version of this to try

2 Likes

OK so I have finally got this working the way I would like .but there is a single problem remaining.
if my metahuman at the world origin everything works fine, and there eyes follow the tracked actor perfectly. But if I move them from the world origin there eyes stop following the tracked actor correctly. not sure what causing this to happen.

ANYONE!

works great Until I move the MH from the world origin. then it breaks . Strange thing is up down works fine still . just left right seems to be based on world origin Really need to solve this or I will have to scrap this idea
Video

Try to use local space instead of global space, then I suggest you to attach the controller to the root of the rig, so that it will also rotate accordingly to your character orientation.

@BaseReality

Iā€™m trying to do the same thing - can I ask how did you make it work? When I try setting CTRL_C_eyesAim transform in AnimBP to some world location, itā€™s completely wrong and looking at the control rig itself, itā€™s in a weird local space. Mind posting a shot of your AnimBP that sets it from some world position?

Hi . I did finally figure things out and Created this solution for others to use and build on.
NPC HEAD - LOOK PRO

Store Link

Can I bump this thread? Iā€™m running into the same issue as @badziubadziu . My control rig is placing the eyeAim at 0,0,0. Iā€™ve tried local and global space on the control node. The target (in world) is sending location via the MH blueprint but for some reason the control rig doesnā€™t want to pick it up. Any suggestion would be helpful. @BaseReality I bought your solution, but the set-up is more than I need. Iā€™m looking for a simple way to addon to existing Face CTRL rig that I can access in sequencer and control the eye gaze there.

AnimGraph setup:

CTRL Rig setup:

eyesAim looking at 0,0,0:

Debug of look at target getting valid world location:

Found my solution:

This is my first time to see this AnimBlueprint node ā€œControl Rigā€ļ¼ŒI am tryjing to find a way to pass data to skeletalmesh control rigļ¼Œit helped me so muchļ¼Œthank youļ¼

1 Like