Anyone got this issue with Standing still and modal object phases through player?

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Character

Summary

Hi Everyone, found an issue with UEFN where if i create a cinematic on a modal and i stand still over the animation, the modal ( box) phases through the player. If im doing any kind of movement however then it ‘pushes’ the character.

Any idea what im doing wrong? i havent changed anything on the modal, its a default modal box that i created and the mobility is currently at ‘Movable’

This honestly feels like a major bug.

Steps to Reproduce

Super simple:

1. Create a platform to stand on
  2. Create a model ( i used a box model) or any prefab asset ( Wall )
  3. Create a cinematic to move the model from point A → Point B lets say 10 meters.
  4. Start game and put your character between point A and B and stand still./
  5. When the Model moves towards you it should bounce you or collide with player but instead its just phasing through you. If you are walking towards to object when its coming towards you it will collide with you( which is correct)

Think of it like this. Im making a game where you walk on a bridge and i have hammers that swing past to knock you off. It works currently if im moving or jumping and it hits the player it pushes me. BUT if i just stand still it just phases through me.

Expected Result

When the object collides with the player it should push the character

Observed Result

Currently the model that is animated just ‘phases’ though the character

Platform(s)

Unreal Engine for Fortnite

Additional Notes

Loads of people have had this issue and looks to be around for ages with no solutions on any threads.

Example of this issue is on this youtube video: at 5:28

That is using the PROP mover so a bit different and not sure if thats fixed or not but if you are moving object like that using a cinematic and you stand still the model phases through.
Thanks - hope to hear back from you guys soon!