Any way to use procedural foliage actor on data layer in UE5?

I have three data layers intending to represent three different seasons and I’m having trouble adding the procedural foliage actors to different data layers. Is there any way to do this?

Edit: I selected the Instanced Foliage Actor instead of the procedural foliage volume and was able to add it to the data layer

1 Like

Well,You can use Actor Foliage.

once you have simulated,go back to Foliage Mode,select all actor foliage you need,then add them to data laye

1 Like

in 5.3 the details pane seems to be blank when you click on a foliage actor if it is part of an instancedFoliageActor. Making them impossible to move between data layers.

Also the InstancedFoliageActor’s DataLayers pane is grayed out and unmodifiable.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed this as well. Found any fixes or workarounds?? :pray:

Why i can’t add Actor Foliage in foliage mode, it only support static mesh foliage type

1 Like

The plus sign next to the search bar will let you add the actors to a data layer even though it is grayed out.Same with landscape proxies. Seems like a bug. I will note though that even though its goes in there, it wont load and unload the foliage actors in game for some reasons. The landscape works though. For the foliage, I ended up having to set it as hidden and remove the collision from my foliage at all times as a work around. Not ideal.