Any way to hide foliage in the editor?

As the title says, I would like to hide the foliage, as it impacts the performance in the editor in a quite big way. And my laptop can’t handle 300+ trees onscren at all times.

Hello popifrex,

You can hide your foliage by going to your viewport’s Show > Advanced > Instanced Static Meshes option and toggling it off.

Hope this helps!

~Sam

2 Likes

You can also adjust the culling distance of your foliage to improve performance. Maybe you don’t need to see every tree off into infinity :slight_smile: Though this will effect it in the game as well.

Perhaps we should change the language of that toggle to make it more understandable.

5961-foliage.png

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley:

Inside the Editor Preferences - Keybindings if you type in Show Instanced Static Meshes you can also bind this to a hotkey (I used CTRL + ALT + H) to make toggling easier.

didn’t work for me :frowning: any idea why could it not affect grass foliage?

Try Foliage instead of Instanced Static Meshes, I remember such an option around there.

Here it is in 4.25.1
I’m working on a 100km long scene. This setting is a godsend.

4 Likes

HI, I did this setting but when i am doing lightbuild, is there a way i could decrease the weight by applying this setting temporarily? so that I don’t need to wait long time to see real time changes… I have a very old PC, so only light building gives me real time update. Please help me

I have turned off visiblily in details menu its not visible now how can i turn it on.?

1 Like