Any app I try to package while NDI plugin is active doesn't work

Hello everyone.
I’m trying to implement NDI into my unreal project to display a webcam stream during gameplay, this all works perfectly when I run the preview in the Unreal Editor.
The problem is that whenever I try to package any program while the plugin is active, wether I use any of the classes in the NDI SDK or not, it will output a .exe that does nothing.

The Plugin folder is called NDIIO, btw
Below I’ll paste all the error messages I could find in the output log:

LogFeaturePack: Error: Error in Feature pack D:/Epic Games/UE_5.0/FeaturePacks/TP_VirtualRealityBP.upack. Failed to parse manifest: Invalid Json Token. Line: 43 Ch: 4
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogPackageUtilities: Warning: Engine.ini:[Core.System]:Paths entry ‘…/…/…/Engine/Plugins/NDIIO/Content’ is not mounted. Skipping it.
PackagingResults: Warning: Engine.ini:[Core.System]:Paths entry ‘…/…/…/Engine/Plugins/NDIIO/Content’ is not mounted. Skipping it.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogPackageUtilities: Warning: Engine.ini:[Core.System]:Paths entry ‘…/…/…/Engine/Plugins/NDIIO/Content’ is not mounted. Skipping it.
PackagingResults: Warning: Engine.ini:[Core.System]:Paths entry ‘…/…/…/Engine/Plugins/NDIIO/Content’ is not mounted. Skipping it.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWorldPartition: Warning: Invalid world bounds, grid partitioning will use a runtime grid with 1 cell.
PackagingResults: Warning: Invalid world bounds, grid partitioning will use a runtime grid with 1 cell.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogInit: Display: LogPackageUtilities: Warning: Engine.ini:[Core.System]:Paths entry ‘…/…/…/Engine/Plugins/NDIIO/Content’ is not mounted. Skipping it.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogInit: Display: LogWorldPartition: Warning: Invalid world bounds, grid partitioning will use a runtime grid with 1 cell.

I spent all day trying to figure out how to make this work, any input would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Found a Solution.

For anyone experiencing this issue, the problem is that the NDI plugin requires you to have activated both the Media IO Framework and the Media Framework Utilities plugins.
When you install the NDIIO plugin, it will only activate the Media IO Framework plugin, and this will introduce errors during packaging. The solution is to simply activate the Media Framework Utilities manually.

1 Like

Hi, we met the same problem, I used your method, I also solved the problem, thank you very much for sharing the method ~!!

1 Like

Im having the same Issue using unreal engine 5.2

I´ve put the NDIIO plugin inside the proyect plugins folder, this makes a compile version but when i press doble click nothing happens.

When ever i turn on the NDI Plugin both the Media IO Framework and the Media Framework Utilities plugins activates as well, i didn´t have to activated them, they automatically figure as active, yet when the exe file wont open. what can i try?

All i have to do was to create the proyect as a c++ proyect and NOT as a blueprint proyect.