Answerhub missing images

Hi, I have used answerhub a lot, after the moving phase on the forum all the images stopped working. Can someone explain if is only on my end?
There is a message that says “Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.”

How I can view the images on the answerhub?

4 Likes

We’re in limbo :ghost:

It’s global. The AH was migrated, most things worked ok-ish for a while and then we lost access to everything.

Thanks for your reply, my fear was that :frowning_face:

I have seen another topic where I have seen that there was a different link path after the removal of wiki.

Can unreal forum or answerhub devs reply to this question if there is a backup of the images so we can have again the correct answerhub?

I still have the old wiki on my pc thanks to that backup! Can you devs give us the backup or recover those images ? A lot of invaluable answers were there, I solved a lot of issues thanks to those

Would be nice to have such availability :slight_smile:

1 Like

They know, me thinks:

The post is 11 days old, though. Would be great to get some form of clarification, maybe an updated ETA?

@Amanda.Schade & @Hourences

We need our stuff back, pretty please!

1 Like

Oh, that’s better! At least they have all the images! So as they are saying they have only to make redirects to the old images and all will be retrieved.

I really hope that at max in the end of the month we will have the answerhub back :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is still actively being worked on. No ETA atm, but we will keep you all updated as we learn more!

Since the unreal forums changes, the images don’t appear to be working. So this thread for example looks like gibberish that leads to dead pages.

Does anyone have a way to get the useful images back? I presume they were of blueprints for how to achieve this. Funny enough the gif result survived (hosted elsewhere)

https://answers.unrealengine.com/storage/temp/342810-items.png

https://answers.unrealengine.com/storage/temp/342831-screenshot-2.png

Please fix the links @EpicGames

Yeah. I get a lot of requests to redo screenshots I did not even know exist.

This is great. This is exactly why everyone feared the forum/answers merge. “If you do this weird move, please do it correctly!” . And here it is. They transferred the messages, but not the screenshots. And that’s for an engine with visual programming language that has to be shared using screenshots.

1 Like

I do know that there were some issues with links being broken initially in the migration that were being addressed. Let me reach out and see if this is a separate issue or if it’s included with the fixes. Thank you for pointing it out!

1 Like

Just a quick follow up on this - it is a known issue and is currently being worked on atm! The migration was very large and some data (images) is taking a little longer than others to be processed. I’ll update this thread as I learn more.

2 Likes

@Tina_Wisdom Many thanks! I hope to see soon progress on this, since the answerhub help is an invaluable source of development infos , we will wait replies soon then :+1: !

Answerhub images should start displaying correctly now! :slight_smile: Thank you all for your patience.

3 Likes

Perfect! I was already seeing the old images being slowly recovered in some of the old answers that were previously missing

Now the new one are recovered as well I am guessing :+1:

Thanks for all the work on this :slight_smile: