We’re announcing the second section of the survival sample game today! The documentation will be up by the end of next week, in the meanwhile you can grab the latest source at GitHub (https://github.com/tomlooman/EpicSurvivalGameSeries). Which will continuously be worked on for the 12 week period! Use the tagged release for stable builds each section, once available.
To give you an idea of what’s coming I have setup a short premise for the game:
(Please note that features are subject to change, and feedback from you is taken into account when moving forward with the game’s direction)
As mentioned in the original announcement thread of this project, there will be 6 sections total, each focusing on different gameplay concepts to help you understand how C++ works with Unreal Engine 4!
Features that are planned for this section:
- Weapons support, featuring an automatic rifle
- Flashlight (as “weapon”)
- UT Style Inventory
- Damage Handling, Death and respawn
- Extended AnimBlueprint
- On-player visual inventory (eg. see what you or your buddy is carrying)
Concepts that are covered this section:
- Working with arrays
- Dealing & handling damage in ue4
- Attaching/detaching actors
- Using sockets in C++
- Manipulating materials & parameters in C++
- Driving FX with Physical Materials
Every two weeks a new section will be announced with a new thread alongside it!
Please use this thread for questions and feedback you might have!