Animations clipping too early in sequencer, all resolutions online for UE, not UEFN

Summary

.fbx animations are clipping out on camera traversals in UEFN sequencer very early - a couple of clicks from the camera[s].

Everything I find online for resolution points to changing clipping distances for the camera or for the editor… but these are solutions for UE and these options do not exist in UEFN. Clipping is not an issue when moving an object - it seems to be happening primarily on a mocap .fbx on a mannequin when dollying in (camera travels forward).

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Steps to Reproduce

Animated .fbx in front of a dollying camera clips at @ 120mm / too early.

Expected Result

.fbx and related object should not clip at these distances. Clipping does not occur with other objects - no known way to define clipping distance in UEFN.

Observed Result

Imported mocap animations (.fbx) clip (disappear) too early in a cinematic sequence.

Platform(s)

Any

Hi @Castlenock1 - could you possibly send us a video of the issue you’re encountering?

1 Like

Thank you for looking at this! I tried various lens throws, etc. It clips going forward or backwards, etc.

One possibility is that the start of the mocap/.fbx is centered to the left off of camera and isn’t pivoted/centered on the model itself by the time the camera dollies past it.

Does turning on the Level Sequence Actor Always Relevant setting in the cinematic sequence device do anything ?

1 Like

Thanks, pardon if I’m missing something, but I’m just whiteboarding the sequence which I created in the content browser - haven’t gotten to slapping down a UEFN sequence device where I think that option is.

Just tried it: enabling that option doesn’t seem to fix the problem.

1 Like

We have someone checking into it, thank you for the video!

2 Likes

Hey all,

Some more insight on this issue. It occurs (animation clips out) whenever the pivot point is off camera - take the following where I need to edit a chest shot / more complete animation. First part is zoomed out, the second part is more of the intent.

Putting a pivot offset does not work! (There is also a minor bug with pivot offset I’ll document in another ticket)

I did remap the pelvis bone to skeleton (root bones are not animated from my move.ai output… don’t ask me why) to carry the pivot point with the skeleton:

That is more as intended, but even the ‘full’ scene zoomed out was something I couldn’t work on in the traditional way as it would clip out when moving the model in the editor so I couldn’t complete work. Sticking the pivot point to the pelvis will only work 20% of the time and drastically increases the workload so it isn’t sustainable.

Thanks again!

1 Like