Animation Warping nodes disappear after project rebuild

Hi! Does anyone have similar issue with Animation Warping? After I rebuild the project editor fails to load Anim Warping nodes, but they are still accessible through context menu on RMD click. So I have to setup them again and again after every rebuild :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: and in packaged project they won’t work either. This is just a basic C++ TPS template that comes with engine, so I don’t thick I have something messed up with the project.
Everything works fine in Lyra even after recompilation, so I can’t understand what’s wrong with a standard template. Managed to test on different engine versions 5.0.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2 but problem is still here. My last resort is to download source engine and to manually add redirect in BaseEngine.ini, and then rebuild the engine, like the last warning suggest. But in that case why Lyra keeps working properly? Would appreciate any help :pray:

Warning      LogLinker            VerifyImport: Failed to find script package for import object 'Package /Script/AnimationWarpingEditor'
Warning      LogLinker            VerifyImport: Failed to find script package for import object 'Package /Script/AnimationWarpingRuntime'
Error        LogProperty          FStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/Characters/Mannequins/Animations/ABP_Manny.ABP_Manny_C:AnimGraphNode_StrideWarping'. Unknown structure.
Warning      LogClass             Property AnimGraphNode_StrideWarping of AnimGraphNode_StrideWarping has a struct type mismatch (tag AnimNode_StrideWarping != prop FallbackStruct) in package:  /Game/Characters/Mannequins/Animations/ABP_Manny. If that struct got renamed, add an entry to ActiveStructRedirects.

I’m having the exact issue. Its extremely annoying.

1 Like

Having this issue too, Rotation and Stride warping nodes dissapear after project restart or build, nodes cant be added by right clicking even with plugin enabled, nothing is found, but works by copy pasting from other project (like Lyra) and then they can be added by right click, all until next restart/rebuild when they disappear again.

Worked fine when my project was just blueprints (based on third person template), started happening after i added C++ and did my first build on the project.

@Snatcher though I haven’t experienced the exact issue you mention, your note about this starting after you added C++ code makes me wonder if you have out of date build assets.

Try doing a full clean of your project. Remove all binaries and intermediates for the main project and all plugins. Then “Generate Visual Studio Project Files” again, and Rebuild your C++ entirely.

Sometimes when the combination of C++/Blueprints acts funky, this procedure solves it.

I’ve done that several times and tested on a completely new Third Person template. Everytime result is the same. But Lyra works fine, even after code recompile. Looks like it’s adding some missing dependances in one of the modules. Maybe I have to try in 5.0.3, hope they fix it :crossed_fingers:

yeah, did this a couple of times too, without success :smiling_face_with_tear:.

Dunno for Speed/Stride warping, but for rotation/orientation warping, for now i ended doing a ControlRig solution that i found on youtube and does a pretty similar thing, so i could completely disable the plugin for now, as @real.dude say, i hope they can fix it in later versions so we can try again.

1 Like

I have found the answer in this QA: Orientation Warping node not saving - #3 by DJ8189
And here is the issue list from unreal Engine: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-151538)

Just open the AnimationWarping.uplugin and set AnimationWarpingEditor’s LoadingPhrase to PreDefault will fix this problem.

And I also found this problem have been fixed at 5.1. The github fix list url can also found in issue list i have mentioned before.

3 Likes

thanks!

Can you share the steps to open and set the PreDefault one, where to find it. Thanks.

1. Right click AnimationWarping.uplugin and open with txt.

3. Finally your settings should like this:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.