I’m putting together cutscenes in sequncer. We have separated body and head for scope purpose.
The body consist of:
- body mesh, no neck/head.
- a skeleton with neck/head.
We apply mocap data for the full skeleton in all animations for the body.
The head consist of:
- neck+head mesh
- skeleton for neck+head and morph targets for face
Animation only consist of curves for the morph targets.
What we want to do
- Comibne a body with a head.
- Body animation drives body and head skeleton (bones)
- Face animation drives the face morph targets
Currently we can make the head move as intended by
- Put the head as a child to the body in a blueprint
- Use the Master Pose Component
However, doing so makes the face animation unable to affect the face.
Attatching the head to the body gives no bone animation to the head, but the face animation works.
Is there ar way to combine body and head like this in another way?
Animation blueprint? ControlRig?
I know the do this in Fortnite, but I can’t find any deeper explanation on how.
Cinematic Director, River End Games