Animation Additive Layer Tracks Not Working?

I also have that problem,

But I also tried to convert my UE4.26 project to UE5 preview version, and I lost all my animations from the Anim BP.

I have a solution for that. It’s a strange solution but it works and is simple - maybe it’s a bug? Anyhow:

All you need to do, is to add a Curve to the animation. It can be called anything (I called it ApplyLayers to remember why I did that) but it doesn’t matter what value it has (it doesnt have any keys here in my example). Suddenly, additive layers are appied. The additive settings in the animation remain at “No Additive”

obraz

6 Likes

OMG, thanks so much for this!
This worked wonders in my anim, I finally could edit some animations. How did you come up with this solution?
Anyway, I guess it will be fixed in the near future, but in the meantime, I have to thank you for this.

Cheers!

I’ve tried:

• adding a curve
  • setting the curve to 1
  • making sure the bones that are being modified are in the list for that curve

Can anyone provide a detailed set of steps or a video demonstrating this work around?

1 Like

Headache savior of the year!!! Thanks mate!

Try to use that “hack”, but it doesn’t work. Maybe, because i use that animation in Level Sequencer:(

It’s Works~!~~ Thanks

Just over a week ago, I applied this solution successfully, however…today, in a fresh project, I was unable to replicate the desired result, so I deleted my post declaring this to be a proper solution, as it appears UEv5.2.1 still does not recognize bones moved and keyed with regard to Additive Layer Tracks in a Blendspace. I am on the hunt once again for a solution to this…

(EDIT: Solution discovered! (Using Retargeted Animations in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation) & This post provided another step toward the solution: (Used persona to key new additive layer track and the newly keyed track does not show up in blendspace - #22 by Allonan)

Apparently, you also have to change the Translation Retargeting on the Skeleton for the specific Bone you have adjusted the position of to: Animation Scaled.

still an issue in 5.3. a sorta work around… you can go to your animBP and go to the animations in there and apply the additives in a janky af way. Here’s an example of me pulling the animation down by 5 units to meet the floor and also straightening the back out to be less hunched. Its tedious and really stupid to have to do it this way.

I guess just make sure that you’re nice and sober when proper way magically works again all of a sudden in a later version and all the tracks kick in on top of the jankiness here. ha…

This is still an issue in 5.3.2